“Much the same as always”
Review of Cosmo's Ristorante

Cosmo's Ristorante
Ranked #16 of 162 Restaurants in Orillia
Price range: USD 9 - USD 36
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Cosmo’s Ristorante serves a variety of simple, but sophisticated dishes including Vitello Di Mare (veal topped with crab, shrimp, hollandaise sauce), Pollo Al Cosmo (grilled chicken with peaches in a cream sauce) and Bistecca Di Mare (steak topped with shrimp, crab and hollandaise sauce) to name a few. Cosmo was approached one day if he would be interested in assisting opening a new restaurant, Carmines a Fine Dining restaurant in downtown Orillia. He worked for Carmines eight years. Over the years in the food serviceindustry Cosmo learned so much, that in 1989 he decided to open his own restaurant, Cosmo’s Ristorante with the help of his family, on 190 Memorial Avenue. He thought this was the way for him to share his heritage and tradition of Italian food. In 1995 Cosmo decided to relocate to downtown Orillia where the action was and moved to 90 Mississaga Street, Downtown Orillia.
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

A comfortable venue which offers a broad range of choices for appetizers and mains.
Service is quite good until they get really busy.
The food still varies from excellent( the calamari) to pretty good( veal marsala) and tiramisu.
Too variable to say what you will get for ay particular dish.
Worth a try.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We were a group of 8 for and early dinner on a Thursday night and received good service. The food was deliciously Italian and everyone in our group seemed to be happy with the selection.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Six of us went for dinner at 6:30 and the décor is very nice and the staff is very helpful and pleasant. We waited an hour and a half for dinner and even though our waitress confirmed we were going to Rama we were not advised of an extremely long wait time. I ordered chicken marsala, one of my favorite dishes, and the chicken was over cooked and the sauce was too harsh for my liking and the steak marsala, which was cooked nicely had the same sauce and my partner found the same issue with the sauce. After I pointed out my disappointment with the dish and our really long wait time one of the managers was kind enough to compensated us. We would go back again but on a less busy night. In the questions below they do serve seafood but a lot of other types of food too. Parking on the street is free after 5:30 pm.

1  Thank Norm S
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here before a show at Casino Rama and it was fantastic.

We had a salad with a great maple dressing. Everything was fresh. We then had the pasta special and it was delicious as well.

Dinner for two with a half litre bottle of red. (Valpolichello). Was $100.00.

I would recommend this restaurant. Authentic Italian everything fresh. It was absolutely delicious.

10 minutes from Rama.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Had a big meat lunch so decided on Italian for a night to enjoy some pasta. Went on a Tuesday night early and it wasn't very busy yet. Were seated quickly but it went downhill from there. I am not sure if there were not enough staff scheduled but the hostess had to step in after we had waited for an extremely long time to even place our appetizer and drink order. We both had caesar salad which quite frankly was terrible. The romaine was old and not at all fresh. I had the linguine alfredo while my friend had the scallops. There must have been 20 garlic cloves in my pasta and so much greenery, it took away from a simple dish. My friend's scallops were overcooked, enough said. The wine was the only good thing. Will not be back.