Lake Country Grill
Price range: USD 8 - USD 23
Cuisines: Barbecue, Italian, Seafood, Canadian, Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Try our various in-house freshly prepared dishes and sauces! Patron favorites include our Fall Off the Dock Black Angus Beef Melt, Lake Country Penne, Chicken Parmagiana, Schnitzel, Drunken Pork Chop, Tender Ribs, Pickerel, Rainbow Trout and the Homemade Burgers and Gourmet Sandwiches. Gluten free, Diabetic and Vegetarian Options available. Liquor, Beer, and Wine. Wind Down Wednesdays with Live Music and cheap eats and drinks. Karaoke Friday nights at 9pm. Live Bands Saturday Nights. Log into our website Calendar for up to date Entertainment Schedule or blackout dates. At Lake Country Grill You Chill - We Grill
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Meal was great, expressed by all. I wanted a Caesar salad with my burger but I found out that you charge for bacon, I switched to fries and added gravy. Gravy is a side condiment, bacon on salad is not. Even the warm cabin salad my daughter ate, had bacon.

Diana R, Owner at Lake Country Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Kevin
The Cabin salad is designed as a chicken/bacon salad and priced as such. In most restaurants your side with a burger is fries unless you pay more for Caesar Salad which is a chargeable upgrade but this is not the case at LCG. The Caesar Salad is made with our homemade dressing which is so flavourful and void of any chemicals or preservatives found in commercial brands. We decided not to mask it with bacon which would up the cost and hence make it unavailable as an interchangeable option without a price increase. If you would like to add bacon there is a charge for that but you do have the option to do so. I am sorry you missed out on our awesome Caesar salad but at least you did enjoy our fresh cut fries. Thank you for your review. I hope that clears things up.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Lots to choose from though - I had poutine, a salad and a couple of "apple flavored" ciders. My buddy's Rueben looked okay, a little dry. Nothing too exciting, but I'd bet there's some better options on the menu. Friendly service!

1  Thank Brian M

Well here is hoping your next visit will be great. We are up to the challenge.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Three visits now and I'm done. Not going back. If you do go I would not recommend the over priced fish & chips. Any number of specialty fish & chip restaurants in Orillia will provide less costly better fare. Wings were a disaster - over cooked and greasy - totally dried out and tough. The substantial large bland bowl of soup get tops marks for quantity & low marks for taste. $12.00 for the basic burger including fries but add toppings at $0.60 to $2.00 each, really? Many give this establishment a much higher rating as it reflects their experience but it's not mine. Check it out and judge for yourself. I will say the waitress was friendly and did a reasonable job. It's seldom I tip less than 20% but this last visit I intended to do 10% but given the remote terminal to pay on debit my minimum tip option was 15% - how presumptuous?

1  Thank Ron C

Thank you for your review. Opinions without understanding can be confusing. We do serve real homemade food and not processed imitation options in the market. There certainly is a cost to providing this level of fine food. Freshly prepared ingredients do have an up charge as toppings should you decide to add them to your burger, for those who do not we like to keep the cost down. Our fish and chips are not overpriced for the size (7oz) and type of fish (haddock) that is served and the amount of food offered on the plate. We are not trying to dupe one over on the public I can assure you of this. Any complaint you had could easily have been brought to your servers attention so that we could address it immediately. Mistakes can happen and they can be corrected if we had the opportunity to do so. By your review I see we could not do anything right to suit your palette. You indicated others have had great experiences but it was not yours. I'm sorry we are not a fit. Thank you for visiting us. All the best with your dining pursuits and expectations.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

My elderly mother and myself ate at this restaurant for an early dinner, (mid July). Menu variety was hard to chose from. The special of the day was Cabbage Rolls and Perogies, we settled on that. We split the plate, is was large with grilled vegy's on the side. Split a Caesar Salad as an app. Bill was $35. incl 2 ice teas and taxes. We ended up taking some home.
Service was excellent, bathrooms clean. Overall an enjoyable experience. Will definitely return.

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you like my mothers recipe for this dish.
Diana

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for dinner after a very long all day hike. Staff were very friendly, even to the not-so-friendly teenager in the family beside us. Great to see staff with patience and who pay close attention to their guests. I got fish and chips. Sooooo good. Definitely 100% homemade. Badder was perfectly crispy and delicious. Fries and coleslaw were great too. Pretty sure even the tartar sauce may have been home made. Great dill flavour. My husband and my father in law both got different burgers. Homemade and they were one of the best restaurant burgers they've had. Also super hot when they arrived. My mom in law got the special - the cabbage rolls with veggies. She loved them and loved the real vegetables on the side! Great portions for everyone too. Reasonable prices. Go!! And enjoy!! You'd almost think we knew the owners and that this is fake because this review is so good. No, we are from two hours away and just lucked out from reading their current reviews. You could be us... hahaha. Go enjoy.

2  Thank ptboc

I cannot thank you enough for your heartfelt review. I am so happy you enjoyed what is Lake Country Grill. I will share your review with my staff. It will certainly make their day and reaffirm our dedication to our patrons. Yes, we make the tartar sauce and all of our sauces and caesar salad dressing as well. We make our burgers, our chicken parms, prep our pork tenderloin for schnitzels, cook our roast for our dock melt sandwich, make our own pulled pork, yes, we have a very labour intensive kitchen. Proof is in the food quality. Say hello when you come back in.