“Old-fashioned Fish & Chips in an Old-fashioned Fish & Chip shop!”

Bounty Fish and Chips
Ranked #26 of 164 Restaurants in Orillia
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Great Fish & Chips served the English way - Halibut with batter and fresh cut fries. Nicely nautical style, good waiters, quick service.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Looked like there were only a few cars in front but surprised when we went it - it was full! The fish was wonderful (halibut and cod) with a light batter (not greasy one bit) and the fries were bountiful and good quality. The coleslaw was homemade and tasty. The pop is offered in cans along with a glass so there is no dilute syrup/water mix. Service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

We decided, based on other reviews we read, to try eating at this small local restaurant for the first time as a family. It was crowded on the Friday night we visited, and we had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated (as there was a major festival in town).

The server was friendly, and the prices were reasonable, but neither of those things made up for the fish and chips, which was awful.

We ordered halibut in various sizes, depending on our appetite. The food arrived in 8-10 minutes, and we were all disappointed immediately by the fact that the chips were not very hot. Then we tried the fish, or should I say the batter, of which the plated portions were mainly comprised. We are particularly experienced with fish and chips as a dish as we have all lived in the UK for decades. We have had good, great and bad examples before, and this was towards the worst.

Any restaurant can make a mistake on a single plate, but all four of ours were doughy and thickly battered, with the thin slivers of fish almost completely dried out inside.

We complained to our waitress, who eventually offered replacement dishes, but having gnawed our way through a little of the tough halibut and cool chips already, two of us had lost our appetites and declined, explaining we would not be eating the meal.

On presentation of the bill, the full price had been charged, with no discount for the virtually uneaten dishes. We asked for the manager, who then reduced the bill by 10%. We left a big tip for the poor server, paid the bill, and will never return - even if it was for a free meal.

We recommend you eat elsewhere.

4  Thank oneworldlytraveller
Reviewed 27 June 2017

We thought we would try the fish and chips here as we were short on time tonight, as we had a busy day. I ordered 2 orders of halibut and fries to take out. They said the wait was about 10 to 15 minutes, but it was more like 20 -25 minutes. I had asked for thin batter and that was no problem the waitress said. After I got the order, I asked for vinegar, but was told all the items were on the shelf as you come in. I just took some vinegar as I did not want the food to get cold. We came straight home, and put the food on plates. The fish were the flatish I have ever seen . I got one small fish and my husband with the larger order got 2 pieces of flat fish. I am not sure how they got it that thin. Anyway the fish was not good and the fries were not cooked enough and were soggy. We just wasted Thirty Dollars +. I read reviews before, and most were fairly good, but maybe that is if you eat in. Also most places that specialize in fish and chips give you a small container of coleslaw, but they did not. The only bright spot was the young lady working on cash and as waitress. She was very good and had a good personality,

4  Thank JBJOHNSON
Reviewed 16 June 2017

Been here a number of times and always find the food excellent; Best fish & Chips I have eaton; very thin crust on the fish and you can change your servings to suit yourself. Staff friendly and helpful.