“Will NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Orillia
toronto, Ontario
“Will NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I have stayed at other Econlodge locations in the past that have been far better than this. Next time I will pay more money and stay somewhere else.

When I made the reservation online, it website stated that nothing would be charged to my credit card until checking out of hotel the next morning. Before we arrived that this location, the hotel had already done a pre-authorization for the 2 nights we originally planned on staying there. I understand that pre-authorizations happen with hotels, but give the guest a chance to arrive before you do that.

We mentioned it to the receptionist upon check-in and she was very rude about it. We finally got to our room and the room was smelly, the sheets were wrinkled and basically the room looked like it wasn't clean.

We advised the receptionist on our way out who stated that she would get the room re-cleaned. When we arrived, it did smell a little better. But as I was getting ready for bed, I pulled the sheets back and from under the bed flew a tag from someone's recently bought shirt and a reciept. I guess the room wasn't as clean as it should have been. I reached over behind the nightstand to plug something in and there was a HUGE CLUMP OF HAIR between the nightstand and the bed. At that point I was fed up and I called the night time receptionist and advised that I wanted her to come and see the condition the room was in.

She arrived at our room but we could tell that she was not a happy camper that she had to come to the room. She offered us an upgrade, which was not much better than the first room. The comforter was stained, dirty and smelly. I didn't even want to get under the covers. When I went to the bathroom, I picked up a hotel from the stack and saw that the towel was VERY STAINED!!! i picked up the others and they were in very poor condition.

We didn't even bother with the second night. We checked out the next day.

HORRIBLE HOTEL!!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere ELSE!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Sabiya, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to Econolodge Orillia. We appreciate your patronage and are saddened to note that your visit and stay with us was less than satisfactory. Please accept my sincerest regrets and apologies.

In order to better understand and resolve the issues, I ask that you call me on my toll free number 1-877-326-6534. I am available at any time and look forward to speaking with you.

With best regards,
Mebs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Orillia, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We've had a longer stay at this hotel and it has been great. It's very family and pet friendly. There are smoking and non smoking rooms. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. There is a free breakfast included in your stay. The rooms are good size and comfortable. If there is anything you need, the staff will do their best to help you. There are lots of restaurants in walking distance. Shuttle bus to the casino on weekends.
Overall a great stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor have door to outside, so you can park your car at your door.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lydia l
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We had to change rooms right away when you find old food in your fridge,then it kept going from there. Holes in the blankets, stains on the comforter, toilet broke,light bulb burns out in washroom, taped up converter, horrible picture on tv, problems with room key, and a few more smaller things. When checking out, not even an offer of discount or free room next time you stay in one of there chains, not very good service on the desk. Overall not the best stay.

Room Tip: Do not check in without looking at the room.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank K V
Sabiya, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 24 November 2011
Thank you for your recent feedback after your stay with us at Econolodge Orillia. I am very sad to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory and on behalf of the staff & the management please accept our sincerest apologies.

Once again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience that was caused to you. It is our earnest hope that you will visit Econolodge Orillia again in the near future and give us the opportunity to provide you with the service and hospitality that we are known for.

Mebs .....

Travellers are raving about these Orillia hotels

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 31 October 2011

So you would think staying here for one night would be acceptable, all you need is a bed, somewhere to rest after a long day....

But, you would be completely WRONG!

This place has alot of mixed reviews, so it seemed to be a okay place just for one night...

The rooms are very dated, and very basic. But that didn't bother me.. The reason for a hotel is to have someone to sleep, well at least you would think, right?....

Well, then you would be completely MISTAKING! The bed was broken! How do they even think this is acceptable to give you a room with a broken bed? To make things better the heat would not cycle, it was so hot and there was no windows... I couldn't sleep no matter how hard I tried, tossing and turning... With this broken bed and broken heater... NEVER AGAIN

After we had a enough, we told the front desk, which could care less, too busy on facebook and ended up with a "upgraded" room.

The heater in this room was still broken, one of the knobs but worked better, at least it was bearable. The beds were muh better then the broken bed but...

THE MATTRESS SPRING WAS BROWN... And there was little black things, im really hoping it wasn't bed bugs.... Eek!

To complete my stay, this room came with a broken toilet seat, you would at least attempt to seat down and it would swing the other way!!

This people should be ashamed to present rooms like these and Chocie Hotels should remove their name from this property!!

STAY AWAY!

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Traveller_Interupted

Once again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience that was caused to you. It is our earnest hope that you will visit Econolodge Orillia again in the near future and give us the opportunity to provide better service during your next stay.

Mebs .....
South Pole
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Generally I avoid Econo lodge,prefer Comfort Inn or Quality Inn.However after reading the good reviews of this particular Econo lodge ( the Comfort Inn and Quality Inn had worse reviews ), we decided to book here.That proved to be a good decision as we found a pleasant staff,nice clean lobby and room.The breakfast was meagre- just coffee,bread,donuts and muffins but there are many great options for breakfast within walking distance outside the hotel.
Thanks,Tripadvisor reviewers!