“One of the best fries joints in the laurentians ”
Review of Frites A Mon Oncle

Frites A Mon Oncle
Ranked #14 of 72 Restaurants in Sainte-Adele
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Super delicious. Fries and poutine. Fish and chips. Absolutely worth the stop on the way to tremblant. Cash only. These guys are making and mint.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Very fast service and perfect on-the-go food. We sat for about half an hour and enjoyed the casual, family friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We went there for lunch on a Sunday after a hike at Doncaster park. I took an hot dog and a poutine and my husband took a Delima burger and some fries. The service was friendly but we had to wait 15-20 minutes to get our order. The burger was delicious same for the hot dog. However, the fries did not seem like homemade and tasted like fish ( fish and chip is very popular at that restaurant). We would go back but only for the burgers and hot dogs.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

I visited Frites À Mon Oncle while spending a day in teh Laurentides area in Quebec. My wife and I stopped at this place after a kayak and bike day in nearby Val-david. We were searching for a "Casse Croute", small Quebec culture restaurants serving the local food and we stumbled on this one on our way back to Montreal.

It is located in a really nice town called Sainte-Adele which embodies teh real culture of teh northern towns of Quebec. It is one of those areas where you can really witness the beauty of the Quebec nature. The restairant is lcoated very close to an intersection of Highway 15 and road 117 both being major arteries between Montreal and teh Northern parts of teh province. Yo ucan actually reach the place within a few minutes of taking the junction of either roads.

The place itself is very lovely. It has an indoor and outdoor seating area. We sat outside and it was great enjoying the nice Quebec sun and the smouthness of the breeze coming from the surrounding woods. while close to the highways, you barely are bothered by the ambient noise of passing cars. I would definitly recommend sitting outside

The menu is what qualifies to junk food, but the main differecne is that this place is actually operated by the family who founded it. I ordered a fish and chisp and the fish was absolutely perfect. I was under the impression that I would be getting an oil soaked piece of fish but to my surprise I got a crispy, rich and think fish that was just perfect.
My wife ordered a sausage poutine and it was just out of this world. It was by far one of the best poutines I tatsed in a very long time. Having visited many such places over the years I think Frites À Mon Oncle is teh best by far, even better than the famous ones of Montreal.
The menu is very rich with many items. If I had an appetite for all I would not hesitate to taste them one by one. It seems that a third speciality of the place is the Delima Burger.

As for service, it goes without saying that it beats most of the palces i have been too, even the ones that brag about service. Operated by teh family who foundedit and still owns it, you feel the charm and the servitude of the people of the area. The owner came and asked us about how we liked the food and if there was anything he can do to better things. His kids were bringing teh food to our tabel and they did not accept that we wait by the counter as a sign of respect to the customer.

I loved this place and I highly recommend it while in the Laurentides area. You can either stop by and enjoy it or just pick something to go. You will not taste a better Poutine or local genuine Quebec food anywhere else.

***Please like this review if you find it helpful. It has been drafted to provide you insights for your next travel or visit from the perspective of a fellow traveler and consumer***

1  Thank SagaLEB
Reviewed 18 October 2016

We had a great time there. The place is very friendly. You order your food at the counter and they bring it to your table. I had the fish and chips, it was scrumptious, not too heavy on the breading, right amount of sauce, the chips were delicious, service very friendly, like eating at home. I highly recommend it.