USD 113
USD 116
USD 104
All reviewsget awaylaurentiansfireplacequebecadele
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We had a thanksgiving lunch in this magnificent hotel in Sainte-Adele Quebec. The food served was delicious, variety of salads, cold shrimp, anti pasta, variety of cheeses, hot vegetables, bacon or sliced pork that was so tasty, lamb, beef, pasta, seafood. The only disappointment was the way they had setup the buffet table. We were 160 people, the dessert and main courses were setup at the same location around a large square table format. This created a huge lineup, as some were having their main course and some their dessert.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Haig A
Hotel G, Responsable des relations publiques at Hotel Le Chantecler, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Guest,
We thank you for taking the time to review your last stay with us. We are pleased to have met your expectations. Your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to continually improve our guests' experience. It will be a pleasure to welcome you on your next stay. See you soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I went to a wedding at this hotel recently, and the service was terrible. Let's be clear: The venue is very nice, the view on the lake is beautiful, and the rooms have good space (although rustic, some rooms need a serious amount of TLC). However, for A to Z, there was mismanagement. During the reception was when we had the worst service. Staff blamed mistakes on each other instead of trying to find solutions. They would complain about guests on one table to another. Someone with allergies had to wait a full 50 minutes after everyone else for his or her place to arrive.
Staff in charge of the wedding, for the most part, did not really seem invested or seem to care (a part from one person).

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank GenevaLuciano

Dear Guest, We thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are extremely sorry that you did not enjoyed your stay with us. We are committed to making our guests' stay as comfortable as possible and we are always very disappointed when we do not succeed. Please accept our most sincere apologies and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to offer you an experience that meets your expectations.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Pro:
- Beautiful view of the mountain/ nature, especially with the fall colours.
- Successfully captured the rustic look they were going for.

Cons:
- Really bad beds. They use spring mattresses that have been really worn out. You'd expect that at a kids ' summer camp; not at a hotel where you're paying this much per room.
- Issues with water temperature of the shower. After taking the initial few minutes to set the water temperature, I hop in the shower only to be burnt by the sudden change of water temperature a minute later. I quickly move out of the way of the jet of water and turn the knob towards the cold, and instead of a temperature change, a change in the water pressure occurs, so that the scolding hot water is now dripping exactly on where i had escaped.
- We were there for a wedding. I had ordered the chicken, which is usually a safe choice. It was disgusting. No one at my table or the table next to mine thought it was tasty.
- There seemed to have an issue with the breakfast coupons. A few from our group didn't have them in our envelopes (although had paid for them) or had the wrong # of coupons in it. And in the morning, I sat in the lobby to read and heard a few guests from other groups that had the same issues.
- Breakfast buffet had very limited choices which is uncharacteristic of this caliber of hotels.

I would not recommend this place.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking this opportunity to share your feedback further to your visit. We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow us to express our sincerest apologies. The satisfaction of our customers is our priority, be assured that the necessary adjustments will be made in the near future. We hope to welcome you again in the future to offer you an experience that will meet your expectations.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel early and we were told that our room will be ready by 3pm but when we came back at 3:15pm it was not and the attitude that we were facing was not pleasant. There is a wedding at the hotel tonight and it could explain why they're busy but it is not other guests' fault whatsoever. Everyone needs to receive the best service for the money that they spend.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sogandtab
Hotel G, Responsable des relations publiques at Hotel Le Chantecler, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking this opportunity to share your feedback further to your visit. About your check-in, we are sure our staff has done its best to provide you with your room in acceptable delays, but we sincerely apologize on how the situation has been handled and that you have felt uncomfortable about it, we will make sure your comments will be shared with the hotel manager. As the friendliness of our staff and the quality of our service are key priorities, I am very sorry that your overall stay was way under your expectations.
Please believe me when I say that the experienced you described in your comment is not typical of the usual level of service you can expect in our property.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Love the beach and enjoyed swimming pool with Jacuzzi next to it. Nice view of the small lake and surroundings.

Chamber maid forgot to leave face cloths one morning and when I called the front desk to inquire, I was told that it would be best for me to pick them up at the front desk...faux pas! That is not good service and is unprofessional. I also was denied a bath towel saying I was only entitled to one. I needed 2, for myself and my wife. I had run out since I used some at the beach, not knowing that they provide you some at the beach,

On leaving, I brought the incidents to the attention of the hotel director, Madeleine Hurtubise, and she was very apologetic saying that the attendant at the reception desk was new and was told in my present that this was not the way to treat a guest and not to repeat these mistakes again. I accepted the apology since she was genuine and professional in her response. She also promised to make some amends in my next visit ( I am a regular guest having been vacationing there for 3 to 4 years.

I do not recommend taking a room with an adjoining door to the room next to it since you hear the tv and people talking. Unfortunately. this was our case.

I therefore was very pleased with her handling my complaint and will visit again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel G, Responsable des relations publiques at Hotel Le Chantecler, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are glad to know that you regularly stay at our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel location, the beach and swimming pool.
Please allow us to express our most sincere apologies for the series of incidents you experienced during your last stay, we are glad that the hotel director, Madeleine Hurtubise, handled the situation professionally and that you left on a more positive note.
Regards,