“Warm and welcoming stay”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Thornside Cottage

Thornside Cottage
The beautiful orchard across from the cottage is filled with apple and pear trees. Apple trees
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Apple trees
The Wheel at Welton stock and serve a range of Real Ales along with good home made traditional food.
Patio area outside Thornside Cottage is perfect for late night drinks on a Summer evening.
Spacious kitchen and dining area inside Thornside Cottage.
Cosy double bedroom with ensuite.
Double bedroom space.
Kitchen area and lounge, suitable for families, children and small groups.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Stokesy20...
Coleshill, United Kingdom
“Warm and welcoming stay”
Reviewed 8 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

My partner and myself stayed at this lovely cottage at the end of March for a short getaway. The cottage itself is very well kept, a nice open plan kitchen/lounge, a good sized bedroom with a king sized bed and a bathroom with a big bath and shower! On arrival we were let into the cottage by the very welcoming lady who owns both the cottage and the pub opposite. We were told if we needed anything else just to ask, owner was very attentive but everything we needed was already provided for us! We also had a DVD player and flatscreen with a few films provided for us which was excellent! On the evening we ended up eating at the pub opposite owned by the same lady which I can definitely recommend. All home cooked food which was superb! (It was that good I've actually left a separate review on the pubs page) Would definitely recommend this lovely little gem to anyone, would definitely return! 10/10!

Gary A
“Worst Holiday Cottage I've Ever Stayed At”
Reviewed 25 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

Upon arriving at the cottage all looks very welcoming but that's as nice as the stay gets.
Myself and my fourteen year old son stayed here for two weeks and by day three I couldn't wait to leave.
Inside it was disgustingly dirty, so much so that I had to go buy a massive bottle of bleach and surface cleaner to scrub all the floors and work surfaces. The cottage had obviously not been cleaned for some time. Dog hairs everywhere including the fridge.

The sofa bed had no bedding whatsoever so I ended up sharing the main bedroom with my son. When seated on the sofa bed it felt like things were crawling on my skin and landing on my face and arms. It drove me crazy.
The Hoover was unusable unless you love the smell of wet dogs within seconds.

The oven in the cooker along with the microwave was covered in grease to the touch and smoked intensely. Only two drinking glasses, two mugs for hot drinks. Limited saucepans and cooking utensils made home cooking extremely hard. So be prepared for takeaways here.

The television only worked when it wanted to. Pillows on bed were like sleeping on bricks.

Honestly I could write an essay on how dreadful this place was to stay at, I was counting the days until we left and if I could have found alternative accommodation we would have.
The cottage should not be available to rent and is not worth half the cost it's rented for.

I have asked trip advisor for compensation and they have said the owner will come back to me....... I guess not!

Emmorcame...
“Welcoming and relaxing stay at Thornside Cottage, Skegness”
Reviewed 8 March 2016 for a stay in September 2015

I celebrated my 25th birthday with a trip to Skegness for a weekend break with my boyfriend. We ended up staying at Thornside cottage for 2 nights and we both thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The space is warm, inviting and is homely. I love that the bedroom has an ensuite and the lounge and kitchen are open plan, so you can continue talking to your guests while cooking food. I highly rate Thornside and it is a stone throw away from The Wheel Pub in case you want to pop out for a quiet drink. Perfect location and it is extremely relaxing not being woke up by a main busy road!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and ease of popping to the pub!
Liked least: It's quite a drive from Birmingham, but you can't win them all.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
10 Mar 2016
Dear emmorcamel.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon
mellissaE...
Toulouse, France
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed 10 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

My friend and I stayed here for a few nights in November. The cottage has everything you need (apart from some washing up liquid), but we did find a lack in the overall cleanliness of the cottage. The floors were not clean, there were crumbs in the bread bin and on the worktop and the fridge, sink and wash-basin had not been. Also, the wifi didnt seem to work very well... Apart from this, we had a pleasant stay and an excellent evening meal in the pub. The owners are friendly and welcoming.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing