“Nice hotel”
Review of Canalta Brooks

Canalta Brooks
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Brooks
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

This was a nice hotel to stay for a night to enjoy Dinosaur Provincial Park and Kinross Provincial Park. Our daughter loved the water slide and the lady who checked us in was extremely helpful and friendly.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Br00ksSuper8_, General Manager at Canalta Brooks, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Canalta Brooks Hotel. I am pleased to see your stay was a positive one, and we hope you will stay again on your next visit to Brooks.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it had a pool, but the water was so cold that we barely used it. We could have saved some money and stayed elsewhere. We did, however like the triple double bed room that was large enough to accommodate our whole family. We also liked the modernized breakfast area.

Stayed: July 2017
Br00ksSuper8_, General Manager at Canalta Brooks, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Hello Lisa

Thank you for taking the time to review the Canalta Hotel in Brooks, Alberta. I would like to thank you for your review. I am sorry for the pool issues, and I have made sure this was passed on, and that our pool is heating again. Again sorry for the issue, and we hope next time you are in Brooks you will stay at the Canalta again.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

When we were there, the hotel was still fairly new (at least it still looked quite new).

The lady at the front reception that checked us in was very very nice! Our room was super nice and spacious. Was surprised to find a mini-fridge in the room, which was a nice touch (we even used it). Overall - very nice! The included breakfast was even pretty nice! The pool, hot tub and water slide were very nice. My son and I had a lot of fun playing around in there.

On the downside ...
- the room with the pool doesn't have any sound deadening in it, so it gets very loud when there's a lot of kids
- I'm not sure the eggs on the included breakfast were actually eggs ... they might have been powdered eggs. They were cooked (warmed up) in a microwave and didn't look very appetizing (on the upside - the fresh waffles and yogurt were great)
- the biggest downside was the temperature control in the room. The air conditioning would kick in and it would be loud and make the room too chilly. Then it would cut out and the room would get too hot before cutting in again. A little quieter and finder control of the temperature would have made it easier to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Br00ksSuper8_, General Manager at Canalta Brooks, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Canalta Hotel. I am pleased to see for the most part your stay was positive. I will note your comments, and have the maintenance man check into the AC issues. Again thank you for bringing this to our attention. Thank you again for your review, and we hope we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

My wife and I stayed 2 nights in the Canalta Brooks hotel which is located in Brooks Alberta, approximately 1 hour drive from Medicine Hat. We stayed in a "Standard King Room" which we found to be clean, well maintained and air conditioned. The room included a small kitchenette consisting of a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, sink and counter which was very convenient and useful (all hotels today should provide these amenities). The hotel also features a small pool, hot tub and a water-slide which was getting lots of use by the children of hotel guests. I should say that the outdoor temperature at the time of our stay was around 35 Celsius. There is also a small guest breakfast room which is open from 6 am to 10 am next to the lobby. I should stress that it is not a restaurant but provides a good assortment of cereals, bagels, also microwaved hash browns and sausage and a few other breakfast items. There are a few restaurants within walking distance from the hotel if you like something more substantial.
I would have given this hotel another star but there is an issue with noise. Our first night in the hotel it sounded like there was a stampede going on in the room above us. It wasn't a stampede but a just a few children running in the room which should have been barely noticeable. The walls, ceiling and doors are paper thin. You can actually hear other people's conversations in adjacent rooms and outside in the hallway, and that was with our room TV on. If you're looking for a quiet place to stay, then this may not be a good choice but otherwise it is a clean and well maintained place to hang your hat for a night or two.

Room Tip: Stay in a room on the top floor away from the elevators and stairways.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Hello Chris

Thank you for taking the time to review the Canalta Brooks Hotel, I am pleased to see your stay for the most part was positive. I am sorry to hear you had some concerns with your stay. I will make sure these are passed on to the Maintenance department to be corrected. If at anytime you wish to further discuss this matter please feel free to contact me at anytime. Again thank you for your review, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Equivalent to a good 3-star hotel, all renovated, large rooms, very clean and comfortable, with a few extras: full kitchenette, nice pool with big water slide and hot tub, free pop corn. Success guaranteed with children!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Br00ksSuper8_, General Manager at Canalta Brooks, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Hello Nathallie

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Canalta Hotel in Brooks, Alberta. I am pleased to see your stay was positive, and I thank you for your great comments. again thank you for your great review and we look forward to your next stay.