“Good Sushi. Very Busy.”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: Maywood
Reviewed 15 January 2018

This place has good sushi; friendly staff; and a bright and open dining area. They are so busy that they do not accept reservations (at lunch) and will not seat a large group (3+) unless the entire party is present.

the sashimi was firm and just the right size. Not enough to choke you like some restaurants do. Portions were generous. Nigiri had too much fish on the rice ball. Maki was good. Service was quick. Tempura was lightly battered perfectly cooked.

I generally measure sushi places by the sunomono but did not have any here so I cannot use my normal rating scale.

I would definitely go again if I was in this part of town.

Parking lot is very small so you will be on the street.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

I so much regreted to have dinner at this restaurant. The servers and the cashier were so horrible. Their attitudes were very annoyying to customers. Food was awful. I ordered nigiris and rolls. Nigiri looked very huge, but the rice tasted regular rice, not susho rice. Rolls' sauce tasted awful. Most food was not delicious at all. :( Definitely, I won't go again.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 22 December 2017

This place is always packed and you sit too close to everybody. But if you come after 8 it gets more relaxed. But the food is good, the portions are generous, at least with the sashimi. we always order, but everybody around us is enjoying their meal as well

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 24 November 2017

I love sushi and try every sushi restaurant wherever possible. Had sushi here yesterday and the girl CSR was very polite and professional. When I was ready to order, a guy came with no smile or CSR attitude and took the order. When I got my food, the food was different than what I ordered. So had to wait to get it changed. Once it was changed. the quality was totally different than what I used to have here of the same dish and there was oil in a sushi that never had oil before. Then I found a piece of plastic or thread in the food and showed it to them, they took it and said absolutely nothing, Usually customer service will apologize and you can see whether they are sincere or not, but here, no reaction, no apology and when I paid, the guy didn't even say thank you or buy or anything. Sad to see this restaurant taken off my favorite sushi places....

Date of visit: November 2017
2  Thank ireact
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Food was great, but service is lacking. They don’t seem to welcome young kids and rolled their eye when I walked in with my daughter and her stroller. They didn’t even offer high chair or booster chair! I had to walk over to grab my own high chair for my daughter to use! They don’t seem to enjoy their job, no smiles and poker face when you ask them for extra bowl. I almost felt bad for asking them for anything because they all seem very grumpy each time u wave at them for something! Would not visit again. Parents please go elsewhere if you want to bring ur little ones!

Date of visit: November 2017