“Nice find”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: Maywood
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Just looking for quick bite of sushi and found this gem. Great fresh food. Would recommend to anyone in Metrotown area.

There are newer reviews for Sushi Garden

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

We went here for Sunday lunch and this location is on the larger side, compare to their other location, as my friend said. It was a short wait, the 3 of us got seated. Usually there is a long wait because it's so popular.

The service was pretty good, friendly enough and efficient. The place is casually decorated and clean, with a open concept, so it feels even roomier. The tables have a nice distance between them, unlike many places that cram as many people in.

I got the unagi (eel) roll, the small fish egg roll, and miso soup. Their salad was tempting (saw at another table), but was on the large side, usually a good thing, but I wouldn't be able to finish it. My bill came to about $12 after tax. The eel roll and egg rolls were really good, just the right amount. I was really full from my orders and almost finished all of it. The miso soup was only ok.

My friend ordered a sushi combo, as pictured, and her order came to less than $10 after tax. The size of the sushi pieces were chunky and she really enjoyed it.

I would recommend this place for their yummy large sushi and great prices. Come early to avoid long waits. It's popular for a reason.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Hell sushi fans! I simply love Japanese cuisine but having lived on the West Coast of Vancouver Island for a long time I've been spoiled. I know what fresh fish and especially Sockeye should taste like.

Whenever I'm served farmed salmon I almost come completely unglued. The stuff tastes like whale blubber.

Good quality sockeye salmon tastes like it's very lightly smoked. The texture is firm and never watery.
I don't always remember to order wild salmon and always regret it when I'm choking down something cold and completely flavourless. Farmed salmon is awful

Sushi garden is a high volume establishment. They fill orders faster than anywhere I've seen. This is not conducive to a quality dining experience.

I'm not saying don't eat there just ask for wild salmon and be prepared to pay a bit more.

HAPPY DINING!!

Milan007

Reviewed 4 May 2017

This is one of the best Sushi in the area ,they now have two locations ,on Kinsway , they both are great in quality of the foods and services ,the down side is long long line up ,and over 90% is young teenage ,they do talk loud ! not a romantic place ,but ever things is to shabby !

1  Thank TONY L
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Standard sushi, for sure better sushi around. Can be lines as it's close to quite a few businesses. Lots of parking close (park above it).