“An excellent place for an event or just a quiet get-away”
Review of Joey Burnaby

Joey Burnaby
Ranked #11 of 621 Restaurants in Burnaby
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Free parking if you drive, and skytrain if you don't. Rooftop lounge and a big, comfy dining room.
Reviewed 18 April 2017

We went as a party of eight for my wife's birthday. Our table was waiting and ready precisely at our reserved time. The wait staff was polite, efficient and attentive.
The restaurant is clean, well decored with a nice intimate atmosphere. We discovered that there is also a rooftop patio for the evening experience.
The food was good. The steaks were tender and cooked to perfection. The chicken was well-cooked and moist. We had the Caesar salad and found the dressing a bit too salty. I cannot really recommend the ribs. While they were tender, the bbq sauce was too overpowering and tasted scorched. We couldn't taste the meat at all.
The calamari was excellent, not under cooked, oily or doughy. The appetizer came served with tempura asparagus shoots and sauteed zucchini.
We had the yam fries as well. They arrived at our table hot and crisp, not oily or too salty. We definitely recommend them.
A unique dish which I have never seen before is Joey's method of serving mashed potatoes, wrapped in a spring roll and deep fried. Definitely something to experience.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Hosted a group function on the second floor. Meal and service was good, well organized and staff did an excellent job.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

I visit Joey's in Madison Square regularly after my 30minuteHIT kickboxing. Great service, nice and clean venue, nice ambience. Their sales are all great! And my favorite is the 500 salad adding a small grilled salmon. Always done the salmon to my liking and not tough or overlooked. A must try !

1  Thank Virginia C
Management T, General Manager at Joey Burnaby, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Hello Virginia,

Thank your for your review. I was happy to see we have became a regular spot for your to enjoy our Super food 500 salad. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Best,
Franky Schubert
JOEY Burnaby

Reviewed 30 January 2017

Let me start by saying you really know how to welcome Americans. We were completely lost. We called the restaurant at least 3 times trying to find them. Kyra, the manager, started our visit by actually coming down to the parking garage to find us and actually led us to the restaurant. What an awesome first impression! We sat with Nicole aka PONZ, who was also awesome. She was very knowledgeable about the menu, it really helped because things were a bit different than the states. We first ordered an appetizer of Japanese Gyoza. OMG!!! They were so good we had to order a second order. My husband had the rainbow rolls and he said they were incredible. I had the blackened salmon caesar salad for dinner. Very very good. My husband had the paella. Loved it!! My son had an incredible steak. For desert we all had Molten Lava Chocolate Souffle, but with their maple ice cream. I have never had maple ice cream. That was the best. If there is one thing I learned in Canada, you guys have it down when it comes to desert. Amazing!!!! We laughed, but my husband said he would buy plane tickets just to come to this restaurant all the way from Atlanta Georgia. They are that good and their employees are equally great. Thank you for giving us an incredible experience.

Management T, General Manager at Joey Burnaby, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2017

Hello Mr HS.

It was a pleasure hosting you. I am happy to hear you had as much fun as we did. We are flattered that you would return from such a distance so soon. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Best,
Franky Schubert
JOEY Burnaby

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

What can I say? Admidsts all the food other chains, this one is proabably the best. Food is top knotch. Presentation, taste, and portion wise. Service is awesome. I like the vibe they have there too! I crave their steak with the spring roll looking mashed potatoe with chives, and of course the sangria and their chocolate lava cake with hand made ice cream... no milestones or cactus club or other comes close. Ok, The keg, maybe if we are talking about prime rib lol. And the prices are all pretty comparable in my opinion. You are actually getting what you pay for here. Have a seat on the patio in the summer. :-)