All reviews skytrain station across the street hi express free parking right next door free breakfast breakfast room large tv excellent location beds were very comfortable day pass alaskan cruise would stay here again fridge and microwave convenient location shopping mall big mall
Reviewed 3 September 2018

We stayed 3 nights here in a safe and secure hotel on the sky train line with great breakfast. When we wanted to visit downtown Vancouver, Gas Town and my son , the train let you off to a convenient bus stop to go to your next destination

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the sky train
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Scott J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear Ed F,

thank you for your comments. It is pretty simple to get to downtown Vancouver and back as you experienced. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to see you again.

Regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2018

There are two main things that we appreciated about this hotel: its location and the staff.
The staff is professional, efficient, outgoing, and helpful. The hotel is located near the mall and across the street from the train. It takes about a 20-30 minutes ride on the train to get to downtown.
Like in any big city, our room was small with not a lot of room to move around. It was facing away from the train so it was quiet. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was clean though the tub has seen better day showing a grey layer on the bottom. Breakfast was a typical hotel breakfast though you do have to come at a time when you are likely to get a place to sit down. The fitness center was clean and well equipped. Parking is shared with the mall though the hotel has a designated space.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear ChefDC,

Thank you for staying with us on your trip to the Vancouver area. I am always pleased to see such positive feedback on our team members. They really are as great as you describe.

Hope to see you again.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Nice sized room, great breakfast and the staff were friendly and helpful. Stayed a week for business and the metro was just outside the door. As a solo woman traveller, it was safe, secure and close to restaurants and amenities. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the fourth floor to get a view
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Carolyn C

Dear Carolyn C,

Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased to know that you felt both welcome plus safe and secure. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Vancouver area.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

In the heart of easy public transportation to go anywhere at all, the location is perfect. The immediate surrounding area is secure and clean, with some options for grabbing a bite nearby. The hotel itself has an excellent staff and offers the kind of services that make being away from home so much easier. The breakfast is especially nice, with a wide variety of well-made choices. Our room was small, but with all the essentials for comfort. Stayed 5 days and had all our needs met. Even the artwork is appealing, so relaxation is the key.

Stayed: July 2018

Dear Ceptrout,

We are happy that you were pleased with your room and our breakfast. We see our team work so hard to make each stay as pleasing and relaxing as possible. It is nice to hear such appreciation from our guests.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I’ll start with the service - I made the reservation for this hotel a few months ago, and I had a personal request before my trip. Communication with the hotel was easy, and my request was promptly answered.
On the day of arrival I had a problem with my credit card (I renewed the card and the expiration date didn’t match). The hotel understood that I’m on a long flight, and kept my reservation until I arrived late that evening.
Check-in, by Seth, was so quick, warm and welcoming.
Check-out, was also easy, and I easily had my luggage stored until the afternoon, and my safe kept until I returned to take the luggage.

And now for the hotel itself - although the hotel is not in center city, it’s easily accessible by Skytrain (the stop is right across the street). There is also a big shopping center right next door.

The room was clean and comfortable. Not much of a view, but that didn’t bother me at all.

Breakfast was nice. Unlike many other Holiday Inn Express hotels, it has a separate dining area on the 2nd floor, so there is more room for breakfast than usual.

There is also a small gym, and an outside (but heated) pool. I was the only one there on the two mornings I used them, so it had the feel of a private gym and pool.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Scott J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear JGinat,

Thank you for the kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. Seth definitely works hard to make a connection with our guests and I am sure he will be pleased with the feedback.