1,191 results
All reviews one bedroom suite the river locals restaurant full kitchen washer and dryer restaurant next door hot tub main building king bed electric fireplace comox valley continental breakfast third floor front desk staff underground parking on site restaurant great room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For my daughters birthday we had our nails painted. The ladies were lovely. My only grumble would be that when we booked they never told me that they did not have much choice of colours as they were changing over. I would have may be done it a different time and gone somewhere else.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My girlfriend and I have stayed at the Old House three times over the last year and have noticed a significant change in the shape of the rivers edge building we've stay in each time. We stay in a pet-friendly room and have noticed a significant change in the condition of the building over our last two stays. Our first stay in August of 2017 was amazing and we had a memorable time that brought us back for more. Our second stay in March-April of 2018 had involved a dog barking in a parked truck the four days we were there, which was unsettling on so many levels. The staff offered a bottle of wine in reconciliation as a gesture of our patience which was nice but the dog situation shouldn't have been able to happen on that guests part, especially if it was a hotter season. We were definitely traumatized and thought we'd give you a try again this August in light of that experience. This time, we really noticed that the room we'd stayed in on the 2nd floor of the rivers edge building was run down. We were missing utensils and such in our kitchenette, there were stains in the carpet and scratched walls. The quality was blatantly low. We were only there for one night but it left us wondering if there was new management or some other significant change over the last year that caused important details to be missed with your buildings care? Another loss for us was the sauna. We enjoyed it so much on our first stay, it drew us back. It was broken on our second stay, and non-existent this last time. The hotel desk staff said there was a 0% chance of replacement. :-(We absolutely love the location of your hotel, the Locals restaurant, and the river walkway; our dog does as well! We're not sure yet if we should dare to stay again the next time were travelling up island, as we don't want to be disappointed? I hope this helps you to rectify and details you've missed and is not meant to be insulting, just honest. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Sylpike
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed only one night in September. Condo has everything you need. we were not able to make use of amenities in condo or on site due to our short stay. Clean and well supplied. Bed comfy. Dinner at the restaurant was fabulous as was the service.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Courtenay is a nice town when you get to know it. We stayed in No 1 building which was some 75 yards from reception. The accommodation is self- contained apartments with well-appointed kitchens with washing machines and a drier (very handy) and parking underground if you want it. They do no cooking at all and provide no food so you have to go out for breakfast or get something in. You can also BBQ. There is a coffee machine to get you started. Sitting room and kitchenette are fine as is the bedroom. The bathroom is very small with two doors which does not really help. It is well located particularly for the riverside walk which is well worth trying. Check in was at 4pm and we had to wait until then having arrived at 1pm. If you are there on a Sunday you need to think about breakfast out as many breakfast places on Trip adviser are shut on Monday and Tuesday. Having said all that if I was back in Courtenay I would stay here again. As we went on the river walk (turning right by the river past the airfield),and saw bald eagles, belted kingfishers, Seals, Kildeer, Common mergansers, Canada geese great blue herons and passed the time productively.
If you want sun on your balcony in the afternoon Rooms 106/107 206/207and possibly the rooms on the 3rd floor but in the morning 310/311/312 your best bet.
House keeping and maintenance were very efficient – They dealt really well with a couple of issues we had. Sympathetic and prompt.

Room Tip: The new annexe has self contained and well appointed apartments.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked a relaxation massage at the spa and by mistake was slotted in on wrong date.
Meren, the manager apologized and suggested coming back a few hours later which worked for me that day.
What a wonderful treat it was for me to receive their apologies with a complimentary treatment.
This was only my second experience at the spa .
Last year I booked a couples massage which was fabulous so I will definelty be a repeat customer.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo