“Great place to stay.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Surrey, BC
“Great place to stay.”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

They have a pool area that is nice. Also have a separate games room for kids but most, if not all, of the stuff there is old and broken unfortunately. The breakfast that came with our night's stay was quite decent. The main check in building is definitely nicer than the area where the rooms are. We were told at check in that they were going to upgrade us to a better room from the one we were assigned. I would have hate to have seen the one we were going to get. What we got was decent but nothing fancy. We are BW Diamond status so I thought it may have been due to that.

Room Tip: Perhaps check to see a room before hand.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Angus, Canada
Reviewed 26 December 2011

The room was one of the renovated rooms. It was very spacious, the bed was comforatable with lots of pillows. The breakfast was good as they made to order omeletes. It had a good variety of food. The thing I am impressed about this hotel the most is, it constantly works to improve. I have stayed at this hotel several times over the years. I have stayed in every type of room in this hotel. The new section, renovated section and the lower floors in the back area. The renovated rooms I have stayed in, usually the King, I probably like the best as they are spacious and have a (homier) feel to them. The new rooms are beautiful and there are not problems with them I just prefer the renovated rooms. The lower back rooms, the last time I stayed at them, had comfy beds with duvets but they were small. Also when I stayed in them a few years ago, it felt a bit like a dungeon. At the time the hallway walls were dirty and it just didn't feel comfortable even getting to your room. I am from Comox but am in the military. I remember when the Westerly opened, so I am impressed, although a few hiccups over the years, that they have changed and kept up with the times. Great work Westerly.

Room Tip: choose a renovated room or the new section.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this great hotel. All our needs were met and surpassed. The large room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The breakfasts exceeded our expectations - the custom made omelets were a real treat! The staff were very friendly and helpful. The extras such as free WiFi, morning paper, and clean remote were much appreciated. We will definitely stay here next time we are in Courtenay!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room as the hotel is located on the main road and near the bridge.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
British Columbia
Reviewed 9 December 2011

The best part about this property has to be the staff. Everyone I met, from the desk clerk and the housekeeper, to the breakfast waitress and the young man who helped with the internet connection were all genuine and very accommodating.
The room was immaculately clean and contained everything I needed including wireless internet and a comfortable bed. This was a business trip for me and I consider this a solid business hotel. There were no frills, but the hotel is centrally located, and the room is well equipped. My room was by the river, and while the view was nice, light sleepers should be aware that the noise from the bridge was audible throughout the night.
Breakfast was included and the hot choices included eggs, omelets and waffles. A selection of pastries, cereal, yogurts and breads presented ample cold breakfast options as well.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Courtenay, Canada
Reviewed 6 December 2011

This hotel definately has it all. Fine dining, cozy lounge, modern pub and very friendly staff! I stayed in the new wing and much to my delight...the room was fantastic and quiet. Bed comfy, bathroom spacious and modern. Food and service was top notch. The continental breakfast offered more then I expected..... I would stay herer again, for sure.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
0.8 km away
Travelodge Courtenay BC
#6 of 9 in Courtenay
7.9 km away
Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa

Been to BEST WESTERN The Westerly Hotel? Share your experiences!