USD 148
Free cancellation until 27/07
USD 139
USD 135
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 152/night.

Comox Valley Inn(Courtenay)
Free cancellation until 26/07
USD 83
Orbitz.com
Lake Trail Guesthouse(Courtenay)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
USD 65
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,339 results
All reviewshydro pathromance suitesteam roomocean viewbreakwater restaurantorca suitesteam cavehydropath experienceget awayoceanfront roommurphy bedhot tubmid weekbeautiful groundsrelaxing getawaycouples massagevancouver island
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

I booked a small group in at this hotel and Linda the Sales and Event Manager took great care of us. We arrived in the dark which can be a bit tricky but were warmly welcomed.
What did I immediately like? The room came with a real kettle to boil water for a real cup of tea. There were also glasses and mugs not paper or plastic cups. There were two beds in my room- a firm one and softer one. One was lower and one was higher. Something for every need. They had nice feather pillows. There was a very nice electric fireplace to help with the ambience. And I had a yummy box of locally made chocolates waiting for me for booking the group in. Nice touch - one I've never had before. The hot tub was fantastic. Probably the nicest I've enjoyed. People from the group really enjoyed their breakfasts at the hotel restaurant.
After our visit I believe the hotel was going to be having some updates done. It will be interesting to go back and see what it is like now.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank MossnClover
Kingfisher_Resort, General Manager at Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear MossnClover,

Thank you for your review! We are delighted your small group enjoyed their visit with us; we will pass along your praise to Linda, thank you kindly.

We hope to have you all back again soon to unveil our newly renovated Courtyard, Spa Change Rooms, Standard Rooms and more (to be completed within the next several weeks).

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

It’s a big birthday for me, so my three lovely younger sisters treated me to a spa and lunch afternoon at the Kingfisher.
We’ve done this together once before, about 7 years ago, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
This time, there were a few disappointments I’d like to point out.
First of all, some of the areas in the spa are downright tired. The women’s change areas are in particular need of a refit. Both areas are just not giving that special-place kind of feeling, with their peeling toilet stalls, old fixtures etc. Also, none of us could wear the plastic shoes provided. All were far too narrow.
Secondly, while the new restaurant is lovely, none of us was particularly interested in the lunch menu selections. The presentation was nice but three of the four of us were less than thrilled with our choices—most of the food was very bland and the French fries were particularly salty.
We all preferred the food offered on the “old” menu.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet B

Dear Janet B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feeback from your recent visit with us. We are so excited to announce our Spa is currently undergoing a massive remodeling of our change rooms, waiting areas and lobby. The change rooms will be completely redone with high end features that will most definitely give you that special-place kind of feeling! This will be a floor to ceiling renovation with brand new everything!

We are disappointed to hear your lunch experience did not meet your expectations. Our menus are constantly evolving and changing with the seasons and we take all guest feedback to heart.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future so that we may provide you with the 5 star experience we are known for.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Went here last week with friends. We all had a wonderful relaxing time in the Pacific Mist Hydropath. Afterwards we had a fantastic lunch in the restaurant. I had the Tuna burger ... best tuna I’ve had in a long time! Highly recommend.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Kingfisher_Resort, General Manager at Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear Daphne D,

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review! We are so glad you enjoyed our Pacific Mist Hydropath and newly updated Ocean7 Restaurant and AQUA Bistro & Wine Bar. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Had a great time as always. We went for a midweek hydropath and lunch deal. Service was amazing. We love all the different teas they have for you to try. Nice touch. We got to try the newly renovated restaurant and it was great as well.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2017

After a hectic few months my husband booked us into the "all about you package"...it came with 2 nights accommodation, $100 each for dining and $100 each for spa. When we first pulled up I was concerned and my first thoughts leaned towards a 70's motel. I was pleasantly surprised as we entered the lobby and were greeted warmly by the front desk staff. Our room was ready for us and the view was lovely. It had all the amenities we could need, was clean and comfortable. There's no closet space to hang your clothes and store your suitcase other than in the front entry which was odd to me.

We had pre-booked our spa treatments starting with the hydropath on the first day. What a fun and unique water experience...it was guided and our for the time we had booked. On day two we had booked massages and pedicures... because we were last minute on our bookings we couldn't book in at the same time so I would recommend booking spa treatments much prior to arrival date. The massage and pedicures were excellent.

Dining... We picked up a few groceries in town before arriving as our room had a kitchen but we primarily enjoyed dining at Aqua and Ocean 7. The food was terrific as was the service. We had breakfast in the dining room both mornings and we enjoyed dinner both nights in the bistro... the menus are the same but the atmosphere presents a different experience on each side.

The was a peaceful relaxing getaway for us.. we walked on the beach, enjoyed the spa and dining. It's a little off the beaten path so no shopping or commercial activities within walking distance...its all a short drive away if you seek that. If I was to choose a negative .. we came back after a walk to find our room door open which I assume was housekeeping forgetting to close it and they came very late in the day. Fortunately nothing was missing. We didn't report it.

I really enjoyed my experience here and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple