“Nice hotel, great waterslide”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Courtenay
Sidney, Canada
“Nice hotel, great waterslide”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Love this place, always a great. Breakfast spread!! Clean rooms large, the one thing that would improve it for us is a we one bathroom in our 2 bedroom suite... Small thing but it would be the only thing I would change. Awesome waterside and hot tub! We will be back!

• Stayed March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Edmonton
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Excellent service, friendly and helpful staff ad a great breakfast. My room was fantastic, bed was comfy. The hotel manager went around in the morning at the breakfast room greeting guests and asking about their stay. The front desk people were extremely helpful letting me use their business center to log into my bank account before I checked in so I could transfer funds to my credit card and providing me with a cord for charging my blackberry because the battery died. Cant say enough good things.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We brought the dog, $15.00 a night, which I think is reasonable.

Room was on the bottom floor across the hall from the pool and gym.
Surprisingly, we did not hear either of those, but boy did we hear the screaming running children and their very awake parents chatting up a storm, all trucking past our room on the way to the pool.

Of course the dog needs to bark at all of this commotion, so sleeping in was not for us that day.
I would recommend, a room on the OTHER side, as far away from the pool as possible, unless you have screaming running children.

The top of the microwave needs to be dusted, the rest of the room was spotlessly clean.
Love all the little extra's in the bathroom.

The beds are very comfortable, although I would have loved the option of a heavier blanket.
Love the pillows, which are marked soft and firm.

Love being able to open the window.

Check in was fast and friendly, even though they screwed up my name and could not find me in the system.

MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT: There was NO CREAM for the morning coffee or milk for the cereal. " ...next shipment coming in this afternoon"

Let me give you some advice on this.
Most of the adults in the breakfast room were complaining.
We all like to have a nice cup of java to start the day.
Regardless of how busy it is or if you were shorted on your order...if you run out of cream for the coffee, run over to the gas station next door and pick up a couple of litres or jump in the car, zoom over to Superstore and while picking up some cream grab some milk as well!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Jauline, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you for your review of The Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Comox Valley regarding your experience during your recent stay. I was disappointed to hear that there was no cream or milk for your coffee/cereal in the Great Room during breakfast service. I greatly appreciate your taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to the lack of cream/milk on the breakfast bar line. I can assure you that a shortage of any inventory in our Express Start Breakfast Bar is a rare occurrence. It is certainly our practice to send a staff member to a nearby grocery store before or during breakfast service should we find ourselves short or running low on any particular item. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to return to the hotel in time for you to enjoy your morning coffee and cereal.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your review. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose The Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Comox Valley for your future travel needs.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I was very surprised at the quality of this Holiday Inn. It is a perfect place to sleep after a day of skiing, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there for a longer period of time.

First impressions upon checkin were very positive. The ladies at the front desk were cheerful and professional. Once we told them our last name they referred to us personally for the rest of the time. The lobby is small but welcoming. There is a business centre with very quick computers, but unfortunately when I tried to print something I jammed one of the two printers!

Our room was very nice looking and average in size for a suite. Furniture was all new and everything appeared clean as could be. The bathroom was quite large and spotlessly clean, with a great shower.

I do have one major criticisms of the room: the foldaway bed in the suite as well as the cot were very uncomfortable! The King bed in the suite was fine, but it was not a nice night for me on the cot. Perhaps this was an anomoly, but in the future I would avoid having a suite and try to get real beds in a room.

The hotel also had a very well-equipped pool with a slide. More than I would expect from this size of hotel.

Overall, I would certainly recommend a stay at this Holiday Inn Express. Perhaps in the future I would avoid a cot, but otherwise I was very satisfied with my night there.

Room Tip: Avoid a cot or fold-out bed if possible.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank greg_91
Jauline, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Thank you for sharing your review of the Holiday Inn Express, Comox Valley!

We are thrilled to hear that your interactions with our Guest Service Agents were both cheerful and professional. The staff and ownership of this property are committed to providing a warm and familiar welcome to all of our valued guests and we are delighted that you noticed.

Our housekeeping department was pleased to hear your comments on the cleanliness of your guestroom. The IHG Brand holds high standards in this regard and our housekeeping staff and management work hard to not only meet but also exceed those expectations.

I am disappointed to hear that you and your companions did not find the cot nor the hide-a-bed comfortable. I apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. Perhaps on a future visit to the Comox Valley we can show you a Family Suite, or one of our Deluxe Double Queen Guestrooms which I believe will afford you with the quality of sleep that you both deserve and desire.

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Comox Valley! We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Victoria
Reviewed 25 February 2012

While I am usually not a fan of chain hotels....I must say I am becoming a big fan of the Holiday Inn Express! Service was very helpful and friendly. Hotel is new, clean, and bright - still has that fresh smell to it. The rooms are very spacious and I just loved the little wet bar with granite counter top, bar fridge and microwave. There was comfortable chair and ottoman in the corner with a perfectly placed reading light, large flat screen TV and handy business desk with plug-ins for everything. The bathroom was well stock with all the essentials and very spacious! The beds are super comfortable, firm but not hard. And the windows open for fresh air...Yeah!!!
And of course the free breakfast ...delicous.

A note for tour operators: Lots of bus parking, and covered entry way for easy drop-offs for large groups. International groups will love this hotel with its modern decor, spacious rooms, waterslide for the kids, great group rates and a generous breakfast. With all these amenities the Holiday Inn Express makes this hotel my first choice for overnight stays in Courtenay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Gunner007
Thank you sincerely for your review titled “I’m lovin’ the Holiday Inn Express”. The title of your review has officially warmed the hearts of the staff and management at the Holiday Inn Express! We certainly feel that we have a beautiful hotel that guests love and we are ecstatic that you feel the same!

The satisfaction of valued guests like you is of paramount importance to us! Compliments like this are truly inspiring and we genuinely appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with the world on Tripadvisor.

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Comox Valley! We are delighted to be your first choice, and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
0.7 km away
Best Western Austrian Chalet
#4 of 16 in Campbell River
7.1 km away
Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW? Share your experiences!