All reviewsecono lodgereasonable roomroom workedhot breakfasttim hortonswi fiwould definitely stay here againsuitestairwellsuperstore
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

So my wife and I along with sister in law had to make an emergency run to Cranbrook due to sudden illness of brother in law. Unfortunately he passed away and we ended staying here for 10 nights. We booked two rooms in about five minutes in the rush to get to Cranbrook.
So the good news and the reason I rated the place poor rather than terrible was the pleasant and helpful staff. My wife and I booked a king room which was very small but didn’t matter for first couple of days as we were at hospital almost all day and night. Some people mentioned the possibility hotels may reduce rates for folks in our circumstances so I asked and was told no. Once my b-i-l passed we were going to stay until funeral so I asked about getting a larger king room. We did get a significantly larger room which really helped us out. I was prepared to pay more but they gave it to us for same price which was very nice.
So here are problems we found:
Original king room was so small wife and I could not pass each other without stepping aside.
Both of our rooms had terrible shower drainage problems. While showering water would collect to ankle level. A half hour later the water still hadn’t fully drained.
First day we had spent night at hospital and were trying to get couple hours sleep in early pm. Put out do not disturb signs and both rooms had someone knock on doors with clean towels.
Housecleaning was very inconsistent. Beds were a couple of times not made and most often just shaken out and not tucked in and pillows not arranged. Towels were hit and miss as well. My wife got in habit of hiding a clean one if there was a spare so would have enough. Once got one bath towel and a floor mat where other towel should be. Garbage was only emptied three or four times in ten days. Recycle the same. Once recycle was full and had three empty pop bottles beside it. They emptied recycle bin and left three empties on floor.
Toilet in second room we had required significant effort to flush and made large clank when finally successful.
Sink had a gfi plug which if you plugged anything into would work for awhile and then turn off for no reason.
Had a newer wall receptacle with two three pronged plugs and two USB ports. Looked good but could not get anything to actually go in one of plugs and USB ports did not work.
Air conditioning in our second room worked but was so loud could not talk over it. Noise seemed to be in part due to grill cover. Borrowed screwdriver from front desk and removed grill which did help somewhat. Wife and I got in habit of running ac until room was very cool just before bed and then turning to just fan overnight.
A couple of times we left hotel and I would later notice my palm was black and couldn’t figure out why. Determined it was handrail on outside stairs. No idea how long since cleaned.
At bottom of stairs was door to kitchen of attached Smiity’s restaurant. At times we had to wind our way past multiple large bags of garbage, bikes locked to railing of stairs and one day had to walk on top of multiple flattened boxes strewn on ground.
Normally solution would have been simple. Just change to better hotel. However, we were stressed out enough by the personal situation we were dealing with so just put up with it.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Vik B, General Manager at Travelodge Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to pass on my condolences regarding the passing of your brother in law.
We would have been more than glad to upgrade you to a different room if you had so many issues . Our Stays are cleaned every single day they are here. All garbages are removed and sheets/pillow cases are changed. The room is also given a fresh set of towels and is wiped down. If you would have simply reached out to the front desk we would have been more than glad to move you. Guest satisfaction is our priority and it would have been great if we were made aware of these issues prior to your departure. I would like to personally apologize about your experience here. We have guests who stay with us for weeks on end who absolutely love there experience. I would love to speak to you about your experience and invite you back to the property should you ever pass through Cranbrook. Let me personally arrange for your stay.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

This was just one night stop on our way and overall it’s a dump. There was still a dirty towel in the bathroom. Fridge didn’t work!

We planned our trip last minute so this was the only available option. Next time we will probably camp vs this !!!

Not staying here again

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. I'm sorry to hear the room wasn't up to the standard you've come to expect from us. I have personally addressed this with our housekeeping staff to ensure this won't happen again. We appreciate your business and would like to thank you once again for staying with us.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Older hotel but needs some work. It's a two star so I appreciate that there will be some reno required however, the bathroom counter had been painted black and was in poor repair. This, to me, was not acceptable. A small piece of molded arborite counter is an easy replacement and would be more hygenic. Did not say pride of ownership.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are arranged for granite counters to be put in all bathrooms and Suite countertops this upcoming Fall. We will also be ordering new framed mirrors for all bathrooms at the property. We are well aware of the problem and will work to remedy it!

Thank you so much for staying with us

Reviewed 15 July 2018

I booked a room through Booking.com that was said to be available and received a call 1 hour before check in to be told that it was not available and I was offered no other solutions. Customer service and experience is obviously not a high priority because no solutions were offered besides they "recommend I change my booking".

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Dear Jeff,

Booking.com sometimes does not update inventory and mistakes are made regarding room type allocation.

We did not have any Single Queen rooms left so we recommended a Suite as that was what was only available. We cannot allocate rooms to guests we do not have. We had even tried to offer you the Suite at a discounted rate and you refused.

Our hands were tied as we had no other rooms available. We thought that by offering you the Suite at a similar price you would have appreciated the gesture.

I apologize if you think we did not try to fix the issue. Guests are what make this business. If you would like to speak to me regarding your experience here please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Stayed here Canada Day weekend. First had to climb over garbage at bottom of stairs to get to room. Then no coffee left in room. Booked a two queen room online and when went to check in they said oh it’s not available, no apologies or anything. The straw that broke the camels back through was on the floor in plain site was the previous guests pill,case filled with pills, imagine if a child found and thought they were candy.

Left a message for manager to call to discuss as he was off for holiday. Still no call back or apology, left message with Travelodge directly and they said wait a week, still nothing.