All reviewsbeautiful scenerywagonweddingaccommodationshorsespropertylodgemountainscampfirewinter
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

We attended a wedding at Beaverfoot Lodge. The setting was beautiful. Mountains views and creeks running through the meadow. The facilities were terrible. The lodge had no screens on the windows. The kitchen was overrun with mice. Herds of mice running down the hall at night. The price they charged guests was ridiculous. Would not recommend staying here.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Lovely quiet location in the mountains. We stayed in the wagons in summer if you're up for a novel semi- camping experience you'll love it. Bring some bug spray and a flashlight. All Banff attractions are easy day trips.

Room Tip: Don't choose the wagons if if you're not up fo a camping experience.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2016

Enjoyable stay. The place is in a beautiful setting with mountains and woods and is situated really conveniently as a stop-over when visiting the national parks.

We stayed in a room in the lodge. The room was clean, as were the shared bathroom and the dining area. The communal areas and stairwells downstairs were not so clean and the lighting was poor.

I really enjoyed my stay, the place has bags of character and the staff were very welcoming and friendly. My parents were less pleased. I think the place is trying to be a lodge but the management style is very much that of a hostel - fine for me but not everyone's cup of tea.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2016

Very reasonably priced (we are a group of students) and we fell in love with the lodge, real campfire outside and the picturesque surroundings. It's a bit off the beaten track but that made it even more special and peaceful. The staff were very relaxed and helpful, and the lodge was comfy, adorable and clean. We were easily able to cook with the pans etc provided, and thoroughly enjoyed the entire trip. The only slightly annoying thing was not being able to drink the tap water - If we'd known, we would have brought bottled water.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

The staff is awesome, they make you feel right at home.

I absolutely Love the location of this place & it's close proximity to Yoho National Park makes hiking very accessible.

Wapta falls isn't to far from here where you can hike down to the falls if needed.

This is by no means a resort; more like a rustic lodge. The beds in the main house are like clouds & the sheets were clean. The bathrooms are shared; however quite clean and well maintained.

The drive in isn't the greatest, you need to take the service road (gravel) in & the signage is non existent. So you don't know if you are going the right way.

The facilities provided for the price is quite steep. We were upgraded to the main building from the Wagons. When I inquired what their per night rate was I was floored to hear $170 / night especially in the off season. For this price I could find something amazing elsewhere with a private bathroom.

The manager had left the staff without any notice or direction which made me feel terrible for the stuff but was happy to see the team come together to do what they can to keep the guests happy.

Over all I think we would return mainly for the view and staff but they would have to price themselves quite reasonably.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple