All reviewsbeautiful scenerywagonweddingaccommodationshorsespropertylodgemountainscampfirewinter
Reviewed 11 October 2016

Enjoyable stay. The place is in a beautiful setting with mountains and woods and is situated really conveniently as a stop-over when visiting the national parks.

We stayed in a room in the lodge. The room was clean, as were the shared bathroom and the dining area. The communal areas and stairwells downstairs were not so clean and the lighting was poor.

I really enjoyed my stay, the place has bags of character and the staff were very welcoming and friendly. My parents were less pleased. I think the place is trying to be a lodge but the management style is very much that of a hostel - fine for me but not everyone's cup of tea.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2016

Very reasonably priced (we are a group of students) and we fell in love with the lodge, real campfire outside and the picturesque surroundings. It's a bit off the beaten track but that made it even more special and peaceful. The staff were very relaxed and helpful, and the lodge was comfy, adorable and clean. We were easily able to cook with the pans etc provided, and thoroughly enjoyed the entire trip. The only slightly annoying thing was not being able to drink the tap water - If we'd known, we would have brought bottled water.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

The staff is awesome, they make you feel right at home.

I absolutely Love the location of this place & it's close proximity to Yoho National Park makes hiking very accessible.

Wapta falls isn't to far from here where you can hike down to the falls if needed.

This is by no means a resort; more like a rustic lodge. The beds in the main house are like clouds & the sheets were clean. The bathrooms are shared; however quite clean and well maintained.

The drive in isn't the greatest, you need to take the service road (gravel) in & the signage is non existent. So you don't know if you are going the right way.

The facilities provided for the price is quite steep. We were upgraded to the main building from the Wagons. When I inquired what their per night rate was I was floored to hear $170 / night especially in the off season. For this price I could find something amazing elsewhere with a private bathroom.

The manager had left the staff without any notice or direction which made me feel terrible for the stuff but was happy to see the team come together to do what they can to keep the guests happy.

Over all I think we would return mainly for the view and staff but they would have to price themselves quite reasonably.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2016

Don't expect a 5 star hotel. Don't expect a hotel. The location is unlike anywhere I have been, mainly because of the lack of hotels and the rest - compare to the electric chaos of Banff.
You need an open mind, and if you are staying in a wagon, you need something to sleep under. The bedding was inadequate when the weather turned bad. Its the mountains so it will. It snowed. In August. You may want to bring your own food. Lots of reviewers found the organisation a bit unorthodox. It is, but silver service doesn't have to be the reason for being there.
It is a beautiful place. You will meet random people from all over the world over a blazing fire and tell stories and laugh. You will need a sense of humour, but if you don't have this, its a good opportunity to grow one. I will never forget staying here and I don't really care how awful the washroom was. The showers were clean and hot and did the job fine. The water smelt a little odd.
The horses were so well looked after and happy, this must say something about the staff. To be honest I wasn't sure who the staff were but it really didn't matter. We didn't try the pizza but fresh vegetables are good for you, and who says broccoli is a weird ingredient.
I would definitely stay here again, now I know what to bring.

One request for the manager - please get horse proof bins. They didn't mind me pulling plastic bags from their teeth, but it can't be good for them.

Room Tip: Wagon if you have your own sleeping gear.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Just spent a weekend at Beaverlodge and it was incredible. The scenery is amazing and so many wonderful hidden spots around the property. Trent, a staff member, helped us with our luggage down the stairs, and we really appreciated it!!!
Food was great and the staff was all wonderful! Rooms were warm and had lovely down filled bedding.
Overall it was a wonderful experience and I can't wait to do it again!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business