“Great hill but bad service”

Whitewater Ski Resort
Ranked #5 of 38 things to do in Nelson
More attraction details
Owner description: It's all about the Snow...Cradled in BC’s legendary Selkirk Mountains, renowned for epic winters, Whitewater’s dependable dry snowfall totals over 13.5 meters a season. That’s more than 44 feet. And there’s more. Factor in the 5,400ft/ 1,640m base elevation, world renowned Fresh Tracks Cafe and you have the most reliable ski resort in the west.Come experience True Kootenay Mountain Culture.
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Been coming here off and on for years and have always loved it. This year not so much. Skiing was still great but the hospitality or lack there of and speed of service really put a sour flavor in my mouth. All the restaurant staff seemed miserable. The bartender was outright rude and the service for a bar or chalet style cafeteria was brutal slow. Seemed like there was no leadership or organization. The food quality was poor and certainly did not reflect previous times there or there beloved cookbook. Management should maybe work on some team building and try and rebuild the fun aspect for the staff. That's why were all here. To have some fun!

Rebeckah H, Manager at Whitewater Ski Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Hi Meatandcheeze,
Thank you for your feedback. My sincerest apologies with the service that you received during your visit to our resort. I believe that I know the exact day you would have come to visit as we did have some staffing issues in the kitchen that day, which in turn had an affect on our staff serving. I would love to offer you an opportunity to come visit our resort again so that you are able to experience the friendly staff and great food we do strive to provide.
Please contact me at rebeckah@skiwhitewater.com so that we can get you back to restoke your love for Whitewater!
Kind Regards,
Rebeckah

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Try the food after you ski!
New chairlift and bus transfers
From Nelson available. This year
there has been tons of snow!

Reviewed 10 December 2017

I grew up skiing in Ontario. Small hills with icy and man made conditions. When I found myself skiing in over waist deep powder during a 50 cm (20 in) dump in these gorgeous mountains try to imagine what was going through my mind. Sensationally epic!

It has old school charm. There is amazing food in the lodge. The people are great. The snoooooooow!!!

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Great little ski hill, best atmosphere, best people, amazing food... fun for all the family. My son loves the Freeride comp,

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Secret special place for local and international skiers. People come to Nelson for a visit and stay the winter sometimes longer. Close to town and always a fantastic place to spend a day.