“Pizza”

Ranked #26 of 107 Restaurants in Parksville
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Heard about the new wood fired pizza so thought I would check it out. I was a bit disappointed. It looked good but was lacking some flavour.
The atmosphere is good here and so was the service. Food was just ok.
Price was average.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

If I had the choice I would have given it 3.5 "dots" out of five - but the rating system seems to only let you choose 3 or 4. I didn't feel it was a 4 - so for rating purposes put it in as a 3.

Was here with a good sized good for dinner. Interior space is very nice. Not sure how recently it was renovated - but was in good shape - nice dark wood interior and the "lounge" area in the interior was closed off with glass and then the regular seating areas spread around the outside. I kind of liked this configuration because it seemed to keep the noise levels a bit more reasonable.

Most of the folks I was with enjoyed their main courses. One had a seafood skillet kind of pasta entree and thought it was a bit light in terms of portion of seafood. The half chicken entree dinner was massive. I had the duck entree - was well prepared - not overcooked. Wish there was a bit more crispy-ness to the skin. Served with some veggies and rice. Overall a good sized portion - not huge, but adequate.

Service was good - from the initial interaction with the hostess and the wait staff were attentive with getting refills for the drinks and answering questions about the menu.

The restaurant is expensive - so you may want to check the online menu to see if its within your comfort zone. For what you get I think its over priced - kind of charging Vancouver/Victoria prices for what you end up getting.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Heard that they just got a new pizza oven, and since I am a pizza fan we thought we would give it a try. We shared a margarita pizza and a cider burger. The burger was tasty but a little dry and the pizza was missing flavour and the crust was greasy.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Back in the good old days when there was a regular Sunday Brunch buffet we went several times a year. The Easter Brunch Buffet coincided with a personal special event, so we decided to try it again.

We were off to a bad start when I asked for orange juice - it tasted like flavoured water. Someone had not taken the effort to prepare it properly - it definitely was not fresh squeezed (and they did not claim it was, either).

There was a very large selection of dishes - many of which were not labelled, which became a source of amusement. Regular side bacon, which I am sure everyone recognizes, was labelled, but a pie, with a full top crust, was unlabeled. I wonder, if at the end of the day, anyone took a chance to determine what the pie filling was.

I did wonder if they got a deal on spinach, since they had eggs florentine, and not eggs Benedict, and oysters Rockerfeller, but not simple oysters.

In spite of the large selection of dishes, we were not sufficiently impressed to decide to make a return trip for the next special occasion, especially at the price.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

What a waste of an oven. Tired of everyone thinking a pizza oven is their answer then producing garbage. Use it right or don't do it at all. Was not good