If you look at the website, you are given the impression that the 'resort' is on the beach, or has beach views. Sadly, it does not. To get to the beach you have to walk through the Ocean Trails complex, then out a gate, then walk past the Madrona resort, then down a long and twisting steep ramp, then walk past the lower Madrona resort, and then you're at the beach.
If all you want is an inexpensive nice place to stay (especially in the summer season), the rooms are far nicer and in better condition than what you would expect for the price. I loved that our room had in room laundry. Unfortunately we did not have a dishwasher, which was disappointing. Our son loved the playground, and he was happy to hang out there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the bluff above world-famous Rathtrevor Beach, Ocean Trails Resort is an affordable, family friendly property consisting of bright, modern, one, two and three bedroom condominiums. Condos have fully equipped kitchens, fireplaces, cosy duvets, and a washer/dryer in every unit! We offer a seasonal outdoor pool, year round hot tub and tennis court,recreation area with complimentary BBQ area, sand volleyball, bocce, horseshoes, children's playground, complimentary internet in all units as well as WIFI onsite and unlimited access to Jim's Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ocean Trails Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Trails Hotel Parksville
- Ocean Trails Resort Parksville, Vancouver Island