All reviews one bedroom suite full kitchen beautiful condo pool and hot tub natural gas beach access washer dryer rooms are large long weekend vancouver island beds were very comfortable there is no air conditioning exercise room rathtrevor beach one night stay tigh na mara view of the ocean
Reviewed 23 November 2017

This place was terrible. We were Interval exchange and they won't give you a mid-week change of linens, which means you have to have the same two towels the entire week. They also don't have a soap dish by the sink or in the shower. You are stuck putting your soap on the floor (the one bar you are allowed) and for my husband who had a knee and hip replacement this was very difficult. There is also a silverfish issue in the bathroom. I have stayed at many places through Interval and they always give us a change of towels and sheets, but they apparently felt because we don't actually own, we're not worth it. I will not be recommending this place to anyone that I know, or even if I don't know, because there are better places to stay in Parksville. We ended up leaving after two days and went to Tofino and then to Victoria. I couldn't stay one more night there. Also, the place was deserted and they gave us one of the more terrible rooms. You would think to make people happy they would at least upgrade them since they had the rooms available, but they didn't. Not worth the effort, don't bother.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Sunrise08, General Manager at Sunrise Ridge Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Good morning Ms. Hodges,
We are certainly disappointed that you had a negative experience here at the resort. I am a little confused however when you say you only stayed for 2 days, as we have on record that you were here for 6 days, leaving one day earlier than we had expected. Our guest services team advises our exchange guests at check in that we are happy to exchange towels etc. or bring more amenities at any time should the guest require them. A mid week clean is available for a slight charge.
I will contact you directly to confirm whether any or all of these issues were brought to our attention prior to check out. With regards to your room placement, note that we are not a time share property, but a fractional ownership property, which changes the process for room selection for exchange guests. I will explain this when speaking to you. It is in our best interest to provide a quality stay for all of our guests, and we do not "place guests in worst rooms" (which is a personal opinion), depending on how they have chosen to come to us. We pride ourselves on our customer service, and it would be most disconcerting to me if we did not address concerns in a timely fashion.
Please note that we take your comments very seriously and thank you for taking the time to bring them to our attention both through this review and by leaving a comment card upon departure. I look forward to contacting you soon.
Robynne Shaw

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

This was about my 7th time staying at Sunrise Ridge. And I will stay again and again! Every time I have stayed in a differently configured room and they have all been wonderful. I particularly love the fireplaces, full kitchens or kitchenettes, great beds, big bathrooms. I have also taken my family for a weekend visit - which has now become their favourite place to go for a quick getaway. This weekend, my room attendant was Brianna and she bent over backwards to make sure everything was perfect for me. What a treasure! The manager, Robyn, is fantastic and really goes the extra mile to make sure our group always has the best of everything! Thank you Sunrise Ridge - already looking forward to my next visit!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
TrueKeyHotels, Marketing Manager at Sunrise Ridge Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you very much for the wonderful review bearonblades! It is so nice to hear that you love staying with us and thank you for mentioning our great staff. We hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed 22 October 2017

This resort is a gem, This was the first time we have stayed here and definitely will stay there again! We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit with a full kitchen. Everything we could want was there including a washer and dryer. The units are modern with high end furniture and amenities. Beds were very comfortable. Bathrooms were spacious and beautifully appointed. There was a cosy fireplace in our unit which was a lovely feature on rainy days. We were here for 6 nights and just loved it. The staff are very friendly.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
TrueKeyHotels, Marketing Manager at Sunrise Ridge Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Thank you so much Rosemary for the wonderful review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the resort and your suite. We hope that you return to stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

From the moment we checked in it was relaxing. Check-In took a while but was very low key. We drove around to find our room and parking was close by. Our room was well appointed - a bit confusing where there's two rooms share a wide entrance hallway that houses a full size washer and dryer and empty closet for storage. The suite is an amazing small condo - kitchen, table &4chairs, livingrm with fireplace, good size balcony with bbq and patio set. Big bdrm and the bathroom shower was so big it could fit 6 adults haha. Loved the pool and jacuzzi and so did our visitors. Def go back!

Room Tip: You can request a room closer to the beach
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
TrueKeyHotels, Marketing Manager at Sunrise Ridge Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you very much Sandra for the great review and rating! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you return again soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

My daughter, her 2 children ages 6 and 9 and myself spent a few days at this resort in August. It was an excellent choice. We had a 2 bedroom condo which was very roomy and offered all the amenities we needed. The room were well decorated and beds were comfortable. All units offer a patio or balcony. The entire resort gives a feeling of space. Families will appreciate the swimming pool which offers hours of fun for the kids.
There is lots to do in the nearby area. Pack a lunch and take the kids for a hike along the Top Bridge trail, a pleasant walk along the Englishman river. Go to Qualicum beach, miles of sand and no crowds. Visit the night market in Parksville, a 10 minute drive from the resort. Nearby Coombes has an interesting store that offers lots of local goodies with the added attraction of goats on the roof.

Room Tip: Units on the east side have direct access to the pool
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
TrueKeyHotels, Marketing Manager at Sunrise Ridge Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Thank you Jackie for the wonderful review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and the list of things to do. We love Coombs!

We hope you choose to stay with us again soon :)