“Stamps Cafe”

Stamps Cafe
Ranked #18 of 99 Restaurants in Port Alberni
Price range: USD 11 - USD 23
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Stamps cafe provides a casual dinning experience. Open Breakfast - Lunch and Dinner. Come in a try one of our many yummy dishes.
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Good, reliable hotel fare. Service is always good. Restaurant is next to a bar but the bar noise doesn't cause any problems. Specials are good.

BWBarclayGM, General Manager at Stamps Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear 289Clancy:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Stamps Café in this Tripadvisor review. We are happy to hear that you find the service is always good and you enjoy the specials as well as our regular menu. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Food is ok I have not had a bad meal yet. the breakfasts are tasty love pancakes and sausages you cant go wrong

Dear paulow70:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences in Stamps Café in this Tripadvisor review. We are happy to hear that you enjoy the meals and especially the Pancakes and sausages at breakfast. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

We had dinner in Pastimes last night, which uses the same kitchen as Stamps Café. I was really looking forward to going out for dinner as we don't do it very often because we are often disappointed. But I had high hopes for last night. There was a lot of choices, but unfortunately they were all out of calamari for an appetizer, but the wings were good. I ordered lasagne as the waitress told me it was made in house and was very good. When my lasagne arrived it looked good, but when I cut into it, it was cold, very cold, like it just came from the freezer and they didn't heat it up and check the temperature. We told the waitress and she offered to have the kitchen heat it up but I did not find that a suitable option as I was expecting a yummy fresh lasagne. So I ordered something else, but of course, everyone else had nearly finished their meal before I received mine. So dinner out was a fail again. I think kitchen staff need to understand that food must be cooked and hot when people are purchasing it. Won't be going back or recommending this restaurant.

Dear Jamnuts:

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations, your meal was not up to our usual standards and we have taken steps to correct this issue. I am glad you enjoyed the chicken wings, and you were able to find something else on the menu for dinner. I hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I went for the Sunday Brunch, the selection was minimal, I waited and waited for the eggs to come out- and it was about 20 minutes. I was almost done eating before it came out. Then the food was cold.
On top of that- the service was terrible. I watched the two servers chat while tables were needing to be cleaned, then I had to wave them over for a coffee top up, and I sat watching them for at least 10 mins before I waved. The brunette came to my table and was rude to me (I guess for waving at her). No manners and a bad attitude. Then I sat for an additional 10 mins for my bill and there were only 2 other people in the restaurant. I will never go back.
Bad food and bad attitudes left me in a bad mood.

BWBarclayGM, General Manager at Stamps Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear NotOftenDo-I-Rate:

Thank you for sharing your experience during your visit to Port Alberni. We don't normally do a Sunday Brunch, the only one we've done this year was on April 1st, Easter Sunday, so I assume that was the date you were here. I apologize if the food was slow coming out from the kitchen and the service was lacking, we had 3 servers in the restaurant that morning all with lighter coloured hair so I am trying to figure out which server was the brunette. I would like to address this further, if you could call me at 1-800-563-6590 I would like to personally apologize and get more details about this issue.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

We really enjoyed our breakfast at this comfortable restaurant situated in the very poplar Best Western Barclay Hotel. The server was really friendly and helped us understand how the beautiful art connected to the area - a truly proud Port Alberni resident. She made us feel glad to have visited her beautiful town and restaurant. They serve solid breakfast fair, generous servings, good coffee, no complaints! The large working gas fireplace enhanced the atmosphere, which we loved.

BWBarclayGM, General Manager at Stamps Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear BenLar137:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Stamps Café in this Tripadvisor review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the food and service and had a server who took the time to explain some of our local pictures of sights in and around the Alberni Valley. We are all proud of our area and always enjoy sharing some of the less well known sights with our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back.