All reviews underground parking bedroom suite washer dryer gondola ride full kitchen ski lockers gas fire la baguette ski hill hot tub ski season revelstoke mountain resort large balcony laundry room in town main building great room
Reviewed 3 March 2016 via mobile

The hotel is excellent and rooms are well equipped and comfortable. The kitchenette is well equipped and easily handled our needs during our stay.

The rooms are modern and comfortable. The sofa bed is typical of most of these and not great. You may want to flip a coin to see who gets that one.

We had a view of the ski hill which was great and this resort could not be any closer to the gondola. Being able to hit our room for lunch or to take a break was excellent.

I expect as this hill grows and develops there will be more dining options and nightlife short of going back to town. What is there is great but it can be fairly quiet at night.

Overall I highly recommend this place if you are in Revy to ski.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
GMSutton, Guest Relations Manager at The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

Dear Rory M -

I appreciate you taking the time to provide such a fantastic review, we truly value your feedback. I'm pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay! Our kitchens are fully equipped for all your cooking pleasures. I do apologize you found the sofabed to be uncomfortable, I hope you had the opportunity to address this with our team during your stay; I will review with our management. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return trip.

Reviewed 28 February 2016

The only slope side hotel in Revelstoke makes a ski stay seamless. Great staff - friendly and efficient. We had one small issue which was dealt with immediately.
CHECK-IN & PARKING: Make sure you check-in before trying to park as your space will be located based on the building and suite you have. One underground parking space per suite, regardless of size plus $15./per day for extra vehicles. Outdoor parking for extra cars is free of charge.
ACCOMMODATION: There are 3 buildings. Building 1 is connected to the front desk, has a small covered hot tub on the 3rd floor and is closest to the lift, ticket sales, stores and restaurants. Building 2 has direct access to a poolside bar, large outdoor heated pool and 3 large hot tubs and is connected to Building 3 by an indoor bridge on level 4. It is a very small complex and all buildings are easy walking distance to each other and all amenities. Each building offers 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites, all with pull out sofas, laundry/boot rooms and kitchens that include stovetop, oven, microwaves, fridges. Master suites are generous size and have ensuites, but 2nd and 3rd bedrooms are tiny and share a bathroom. Note that the showers in the master ensuites are also quite small. Skis and boards are not allowed in the suites, but you are provided with a main floor ski locker.
AMENITIES: Two on-site restaurants and bars (Rockford & Mackenzie) which boast really good food. Service can be slow on busy weekends. Nice outdoor area to sit and enjoy warm, sunny days. Also a small retail store and cafe (La Baguette) that makes really good sandwiches and specialty coffees + gelato. They also offer a few basic items such as milk, eggs, bread, but in limited supply. There is a small area where you can eat in, a small patio area, or you can walk across the "street" to a nice area that has seating and fireplaces that go all day and into the evening. There is also a small Aveda spa (only 4 treatment rooms) called Refinery. It can be difficult to get an appointment, so I would recommend that you book ahead. There are no other convenience/grocery stores on site so you're better to visit the local Coopers grocery store in downtown Revelstoke to stock up before you arrive (on the main highway). Same goes for beer and liquor.
IF YOU DON'T SKI.....the hotel's Outdoor Center can arrange for tours & activities such as snowshoeing, snowmobiling, dogsledding, paragliding. There's also an awesome aquatic centre in downtown Revelstoke.

Room Tip: All rooms are all quiet in the evening, but snow guns and grooming equipment can start early and be noisy in the slope side rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank gateway889
GMSutton, Guest Relations Manager at The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Dear gateway8 -

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. I appreciate the detail! I am pleased to hear you had a wonderful time with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, I will be sure to pass this along to our team. It sounds like you had an unforgettable ski vacation! Everything you have outlined is correct, from the underground parking to the short distances between each building. It's great to hear you had the time to explore each of our on-site restaurants/cafes and retail store. You're right regarding the spa, they book up quickly - we recommend calling in advance to guarantee an appointment. I appreciate you pointing out our Outdoor Centre for other guests, we are continuously expanding in our adventure department for a truly unique and unforgettable experience. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 27 February 2016

We had a lovely king suite overlooking the gondola. It was modern, clean and spacious and although only a kitchenette, there was an abundance of pots, pans and other kitchen implements. The downside of that is that there was no space to store food! There was no freezer, but there was an ice maker thank goodness. The service was very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
GMSutton, Guest Relations Manager at The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2016

Dear SuzanneDH99 -

Thank you for such a great review. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. I appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and service levels, I will be sure to pass this along. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 February 2016

We had one of the best hotel experiences at the Sutton. Our 2 bedroom was overlooking the gondola and slept 6 people comfortably. Two large bathrooms and a great sized kitchen. We loved the hot tubs & pool. Especially the warm temperature of the pool. We lounged in that for a few hours one afternoon in the sun. The staff were on point, special shout out to Rich, Iannick & Declan who were very friendly and helpful during our stay. I will definitely be coming back to the Sutton as soon as I can!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Whitney S

Dear djWhitness -

Thank you for taking the time to review Sutton Place Hotel. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your suite, as well as our amenities. WOW - I am really pleased to hear Rich, Iannick and Declan were able to provide you with the exceptional service we strive to provide each guest. I will be sure to pass along your kind words. I very much look forward to welcome you back on your next visit!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

We stayed over the Christmas break in a 2 bedroom apartment. Such a beautiful hotel with quality furnishing and fittings. 2 bedrooms each with own full bathroom, ski lift right on the property to travel up the mountain along with ski hire. The staff are wonderful, rooms beautifully cleaned, washer and dryer in you room, restaurants on site have a good variety of food choices and beverages. Will definitely return to this property. A visit to The Village Idiot for dinner is a must, the food is superb (especially the ribs).

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom apartment is perfect, you can have 2 doubles, 4 singles or a double and 2 singles.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Raelene S
GMSutton, Public Relations Manager at The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2016

Dear Raelene S -

Wow! Thank you for providing such a raving review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your Christmas vacation with us. It's great to know our staff exceeded your expectations during your stay, we strive to ensure each guest feels at home. Having a washing machine and dryer in suite is a must, especially when it comes to long vacations! I'm glad you took full advantage of our onsite restaurants. I appreciate your recommendation for The Village Idiot, it is definitely a local hot spot! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.