Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
kazzaCalgary
Calgary, Canada

Disappointed

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Sept 2021
The room was on the ground floor and was quite dark. We did have a view of the sea, albeit being on the ground floor it wasn’t easy to see it. Furnishings were old and could do with an update. Handed a basket of breakfast goodies on arrival which was nice and that was a good start. Stains on the carpet and I woke up in the night and could distinctly smell chlorine (ok, Covid is with us at the moment and I fully understand we have to ensure things are clean but this I’m sure was coming from the carpet and when I walked on the carpet it felt damp. I mostly keep something on my feet anyway when I’m in a hotel but this was the middle of the night and I didn’t put anything on them.

The other thing I found annoying was staff shouting to each other when they were in the corridors... why not have a quiet conversation.

Think the thing that really grossed me out was finding a dirty pillow case the next morning, very obvious shouldn’t have missed it, thankfully I hadn’t slept on it. Sorry but that should be a priority... change all the sheets and pillowcases between stays!! Not impressed.

Location was great, was really looking forward to staying her and was so disappointed, not worth anywhere near what we paid for the night.
Date of stay: September 2021
      AU$411
    • eDreams
    0.0 km from Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites
    View more hotels in Sidney
    All reviews yogurt continental breakfast no elevator ocean view juice box sliding door two nights grocery store shops and restaurants comfortable bed waterfront cannery fireplace robes ferry dog closet
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 12 August 2021 via mobile

We liked the location , close to the water, restaurants and sights, but the standards of the hotel left much to be desired.
    Our room size was average but the standard of upkeep was poor. Carpets were stained, bedding was old and faded in colour , room furniture was dated and damaged in many instances.

Staff were average to disinterested.

The room rate was high for the quality offered.

Date of stay: August 2021
    1  Thank 276andym
    Reviewed 29 July 2021 via mobile

Loved this little hotel/inn. Water is across parking lot and has a beautiful walkway along the waters edge. Lots of options to eat, shop, spa and ferry. The room was a suite on the main floor. This was a nice change from the places we’ve stayed on this bike trip. We were given a small breakfast to put in fridge. Comfy bed, everything worked, just had a very heavy walker above us. Sidney is a lovely little village that is well maintained.

Date of stay: July 2021
    1  Thank JoyRyd
    Denis Paquette, Owner at Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2021

Thank your for your review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.
    We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
    Kindest Regards,
    Niki
    Front Desk

Reviewed 16 December 2020

I stayed two nights here, as I had stayed once before with a better experience getting a takeout breakfast on check in. However, this time there was no breakfast and the front desk clerk was not very friendly. I also approached a housekeeper about changing my fitted sheet, and emptying my garbages. Neither of which was done, and my sheets were left outside the door. What was the worst though came from spurious claims that I damaged a shower curtain, a duvet cover, and two pillows for a total of 113 dollars. No notice of this, just something I saw on my bank statement. This place is not operating with much class and goodwill.

Date of stay: December 2020
    Trip type: Travelled with friends
    1  Thank P2829JHmichaels
    Reviewed 2 November 2020

Cute . clean . Comfy bed . Microwave. Coffee pot. Fridge . Loved the faux fireplace. Appreciated the screen door on the sliding door. Very cozy.
    Breakfast now is a juice box fruit cup and yogurt. There was extra blankets and pillows. TV was pretty small for the room size. Enjoyed sitting on the patio listening to the waves. I loved sidney and its community.

Date of stay: October 2020
    1  Thank galvatronic
    Reviewed 9 October 2020 via mobile

In dire need of a renovation, room was ok., but definitely not worth $200.00 a night which is what we paid!!!! Everything in the room was old and outdated but the room did have a nice view😊Breakfast was packaged up nicely due to COVID so we could take it to our room.

Date of stay: September 2020