“Breakfast ”

Molly's Dairy Bar & Abbie's Cafe
Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Truro
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Mom and I have been going to the dairy bar for ice cream for years. They have my favourite flavours utterly Devine and heavenly hash with waffle cones. Staff are stone faced and quiet not very personable.

We finally decided to eat at the restaurant for breakfast. Dad and my sister had the pancakes and they weren't the best. They were the worst looking pancakes I've ever seen they looked wet and all lumpy on top. I had bacon and eggs and hash browns and it was a pretty standard breakfast not terrible not great.

Overall my mother felt like $50 for breakfast for four people when two people just had pancakes was too much to pay. I'll never get them back for breakfast but I'll return and try the lunch.

1  Thank Jane A

Reviewed 24 April 2017

Stopped in today and was very disappointed to see only Farmers ice cream ! Scotsburn ice cream is a much better ice cream and also employ a couple hundred local people .Also on top of that the portions were very small and the price is high ! I will not be back !

Reviewed 12 April 2017

We had the corn Chowder and western sandwich last weekend. It is so nice to see this place open for the season and the Service is very good and the food piping hot. We are going for the Easter ham dinner this weekend and really looking forward to it.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

It's not cheap for the ice cream there and if you pay by debit...an extra 50 cents. Come on, it's part of doing business. Service is generally not friendly and sign on door says you pay a buck to use the washroom. It's supposed to be a hospitality business but they are missing that part of it. Ice cream always good...attitude poor and service fees to buy your product won't get me back there.

Reviewed 9 December 2016

So glad we found this place this summer for lunch as it is on the outskirts of town and friendly people and good food well presented .Homemade soup very good as well as a sandwich! didn't try any desserts but they looked delicious!