“Bring cash or pay extra!”

Molly's Dairy Bar & Abbie's Cafe
Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Truro
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Reviewed 18 February 2017

It's not cheap for the ice cream there and if you pay by debit...an extra 50 cents. Come on, it's part of doing business. Service is generally not friendly and sign on door says you pay a buck to use the washroom. It's supposed to be a hospitality business but they are missing that part of it. Ice cream always good...attitude poor and service fees to buy your product won't get me back there.

Reviewed 9 December 2016

So glad we found this place this summer for lunch as it is on the outskirts of town and friendly people and good food well presented .Homemade soup very good as well as a sandwich! didn't try any desserts but they looked delicious!

Reviewed 25 October 2016

I find it hard to understand some of the negative comments posted in other reviews. I have patronized this establishment for many years for their ice cream - even before the current owners took over - and have never experienced some of the points referenced by others. Admittedly, I have not dined there, but I have always found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Yes, they do charge a fee for credit card use, but who cannot afford to pay cash for a generously-portioned, reasonably-priced small cone of ice cream? Sure, if one has had a meal and the bill is higher, but they are not gouging customers. Here is a seasonally-operated; privately-owned business trying to survive in today's business world and the use of credit cards probably cuts into their bottom line. Regarding their bathroom facilities, they are not a toilet stop and, if you are a customer at the establishment, there is no charge for using their facilities. Their in-store baked pecan tarts are simply delicious and a very good buy at $4.00 for a tray of six!

Reviewed 5 October 2016

This is a really cool place to stop and get some good home cooked food and great service. If you want just some ice-cream this is th place as well. nice views of the garden and the river behind the prices are excellent and they even have fresh baked goods. do stop by and try this place out.

1  Thank dgg123
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

I went to this establishment wih my son today. He ordered a medium ice cream cone, and I ordered a small. Our total was $10.35. They actually charged us for the ice cream and the cone ($1.13) seperately!! Was I supposed to hold the ice cream in my hand?
The service seemed disorganized, and the server seemed like she did not want to take care of us at all. I am a very friendy, cheerful person, so usually people respond in kind. It was not the case here!
The place is named after their deceased dog, which is a sweet idea, and I liked the premise of the business.