“very pleasant and bright surrondings to go to for lunch and very clean”

Molly's Dairy Bar & Abbie's Cafe
Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Truro
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Reviewed 9 December 2016

So glad we found this place this summer for lunch as it is on the outskirts of town and friendly people and good food well presented .Homemade soup very good as well as a sandwich! didn't try any desserts but they looked delicious!

Reviewed 25 October 2016

I find it hard to understand some of the negative comments posted in other reviews. I have patronized this establishment for many years for their ice cream - even before the current owners took over - and have never experienced some of the points referenced by others. Admittedly, I have not dined there, but I have always found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Yes, they do charge a fee for credit card use, but who cannot afford to pay cash for a generously-portioned, reasonably-priced small cone of ice cream? Sure, if one has had a meal and the bill is higher, but they are not gouging customers. Here is a seasonally-operated; privately-owned business trying to survive in today's business world and the use of credit cards probably cuts into their bottom line. Regarding their bathroom facilities, they are not a toilet stop and, if you are a customer at the establishment, there is no charge for using their facilities. Their in-store baked pecan tarts are simply delicious and a very good buy at $4.00 for a tray of six!

Reviewed 5 October 2016

This is a really cool place to stop and get some good home cooked food and great service. If you want just some ice-cream this is th place as well. nice views of the garden and the river behind the prices are excellent and they even have fresh baked goods. do stop by and try this place out.

1  Thank dgg123
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

I went to this establishment wih my son today. He ordered a medium ice cream cone, and I ordered a small. Our total was $10.35. They actually charged us for the ice cream and the cone ($1.13) seperately!! Was I supposed to hold the ice cream in my hand?
The service seemed disorganized, and the server seemed like she did not want to take care of us at all. I am a very friendy, cheerful person, so usually people respond in kind. It was not the case here!
The place is named after their deceased dog, which is a sweet idea, and I liked the premise of the business.

Reviewed 4 September 2016

I stopped in at Molly's for breakfast and, since there are much better breakfast options in town, this will probably be my last visit. The service was very amateurish. I realize they are students, but they should have thorough training and at least have some personality. Introverted types are not the best choice for hospitality. I ordered the full breakfast and got the toast before the main with nothing to put on it and no cutlery. The over easy eggs were perfect. The bacon was microwaved stuff with little flavor. The slices of orange and banana were a nice touch to the plate. The toast was homemade bread and was very good. I had a chuckle over their use of a 1 or 2 ounce portion squeeze bottle for ketchup. A server grabbed mine as soon as I squeezed out what I wanted as he said they were short of ketchup.The coffee was extremely weak and disappointing, and my server never bothered to come back to refill my coffee, let alone ask me how the food was. Finally, I paid with a credit card and was dinged 50 cents. Even debit, which only costs pennies a transaction, will cost you 50 cents. Overall, the experience was below average. I will say that the place is very clean. If you need to stop in to use the facilities, it will cost you a buck unless you're a customer.