Berry's Motel
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 115/night.

USD 108
USD 113
USD 110
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 122/night.

USD 60
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one night while at a dog show. We were with several others and their dogs as well. Nice to find a pet friendly motel. The rates are very reasonable. The room was nothing fancy but was very clean. Comfortable stay overall.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
RKBerry, Owner at Berry's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Hello and thanks for staying! Yes, we're dog-friendly, that's for sure. I have a yellow lab myself and she's part of my family and she goes everywhere we do, so I understand how dog owners feel. That also influences my decision not to charge extra for dogs, which many hotels/motels are now doing, sadly. Also, since all of our rooms are drive-up, it's easy-peasy to move the dogs from your car to your room. Also, we have a large field behind the motel which is great for letting your dogs go for a run. I'm glad that you find our motel reasonable, "nothing fancy", clean, and comfortable; that's exactly what we're trying to do here. I suppose you could say we're halfway between a pricey hotel and a cheap hostel. I'll take this opportunity to make pet owners aware of our dog policy: dogs are not to be left alone in the rooms. It's cruel to leave a dog alone in a strange room, where she may get extremely anxious and fearful, leading to barking. Leaving a barking dog alone in a room disturbs other guests. If there is a barking dog left alone in a room, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If, however, we cannot reach you, a barking dog is a violation of local noise bylaws and we will have no choice but to call the police in order to seek a resolution of the matter. It would then be up to the police to decide if SPCA involvement is warranted. The majority of dog owners are responsible and would never leave their pets alone in strange environments, but once in a while.......

Reviewed 14 July 2017

This is probably the worst room I have ever rented. My husband and I have travelled fairly extensively in our 40 year marriage. This motel was so bad that I spent most of the night in my car. My husband who will sleep anywhere remained in the room. Sometime early in the morning, freezing and dead tired, I grabbed a pillow and a blanket from the car and laid down on the end of bed. I slept on my blanket and my pillow fully dressed. The room smelled Awful!!! Like something had died in there. I brushed my teeth with our own bottled water and left asap. No, I'm not that picky. This was the second night of a 3 week CAMPING trip In a trailer.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sienna27
RKBerry, Owner at Berry's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

When I am down to my last couple of rooms, which are usually smoking rooms, I warn people that they are smoking rooms and that they should check them out before renting them. Smoking rooms are going to smell of stale smoke; they are what they are (and no, nothing died there). It totally baffles me that you stayed in a room which you hated so much, when in each room a notice is posted indicating that "you have 30 minutes to inspect the room and if it's not to your satisfaction, we'll gladly give you a refund as long as the beds and bathroom were not used". I also have no idea why you used bottled water to brush your teeth, as we're supplied with chlorinated water by the Town of Truro. We get a lot of smoking guests and I'm not going to apologize for smoking rooms which smell of stale smoke. I warn non-smokers that they are smoking rooms; I have the refund notice posted in all rooms; the rest is up to you!

Reviewed 25 June 2017

We are in #6 it was newly remolded and still smelled a little bit like smoke,opened the window,it was fine.Beds are comfy,room clean. One level no extra locks on door.
Owner very nice. free coffee.Close to the tidal bore.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
RKBerry, Owner at Berry's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Thank you for staying at Berry's Motel. I'm sorry about the smell of smoke, but some smokers have no consideration for others and sneak smokes inside non-smoking rooms, even though they risk penalty fees for doing so. We're going to have to crack down on these bozos! Thanks for your input!

Reviewed 12 January 2017

I stayed there for 4 nights in mid dec 2016. the place was easy to find, the only fault i found was the fridge never worked and the lady knew about and never told me, , well i was not mad of that but good thing the care package i took for family was in a stryofoam box and never spoiled, I had to unwrap the package and use the small fridge freezer in the room.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank dudie1954
RKBerry, Owner at Berry's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Hi, thanks for staying at Berry's Motel and thanks for your review!

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

I was in Halifax dropping my son off at school. I didn't make a reservation, which was not a good move, and couldn't find anywhere with vacancy.
I checked trip advisor and found the Berry Motel. Clean, good price, lots of room, nice service at check in.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
RKBerry, Owner at Berry's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

We're about an hour's drive from Halifax, so if you can't find accommodations in the city, or if you don't want to pay high city prices, we're a great alternative. Thanks for staying with us!