See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2017

We are in #6 it was newly remolded and still smelled a little bit like smoke,opened the window,it was fine.Beds are comfy,room clean. One level no extra locks on door.
Owner very nice. free coffee.Close to the tidal bore.

Date of stay: June 2017
RKBerry, Owner at Berry's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Thank you for staying at Berry's Motel. I'm sorry about the smell of smoke, but some smokers have no consideration for others and sneak smokes inside non-smoking rooms, even though they risk penalty fees for doing so. We're going to have to crack down on these bozos! Thanks for your input!

Reviewed 12 January 2017

I stayed there for 4 nights in mid dec 2016. the place was easy to find, the only fault i found was the fridge never worked and the lady knew about and never told me, , well i was not mad of that but good thing the care package i took for family was in a stryofoam box and never spoiled, I had to unwrap the package and use the small fridge freezer in the room.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank dudie1954
RKBerry, Owner at Berry's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Hi, thanks for staying at Berry's Motel and thanks for your review!

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

I was in Halifax dropping my son off at school. I didn't make a reservation, which was not a good move, and couldn't find anywhere with vacancy.
I checked trip advisor and found the Berry Motel. Clean, good price, lots of room, nice service at check in.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
RKBerry, Owner at Berry's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

We're about an hour's drive from Halifax, so if you can't find accommodations in the city, or if you don't want to pay high city prices, we're a great alternative. Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed 15 October 2016

This motel is a short drive from the airport, about an hour. Although it is just off the highway the rooms are quiet.
There is a supermarket over the road and lots of food outletts within walking distance.
Don't just stay for the night Truro is well worth a visit.
We has a problem with a stain on the bed sheet. But as soon as we told the owner he moved us to another room. Everything else was spotless.
It would appear that the owner is doing the rooms up to a hgher standard.
This was our second visit and we will visit again.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RKBerry, Owner at Berry's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Hello and thanks for staying with us. I'm sorry about the stain on the sheet; every once in a while a sheet goes through the wash and dry, a stain won't come out, and it doesn't get noticed by the housekeeper who makes the bed; I'll ask them to be more attentive. A trip to the airport is about 40-50 minutes from our motel and we're a lot cheaper than the airport hotels, I'll guarantee you that; in fact, we have many guests who stay with us when they are going to or coming from the airport, saving themselves at least $50 per night. While the street we're located on is the Main Drag of Truro (where all the fast food outlets are located), Robie Street slows down quite a bit after 9pm, so yes it's pretty quiet here during the evenings. I'm glad you were happy with your stay, and I'll remind readers that while many of our rooms have been renovated we still have a few left to go (which we rent at a cheaper rate), so please specify a renovated room when making a reservation if that is your desire.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

To look at Berrys you would think you were going back in time to the days of the single story, no frills motel. However, I would challenge any of the chains to have a cleaner room, enough towels, and a friendlier staff. The room sparkled from the carpet up. The beds were comfortable and we had everything we needed for a good night's stay.

Date of stay: August 2016
4  Thank Lynne C
RKBerry, Owner at Berry's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

I'm happy you were satisfied with your stay. Someday we'll start renovating the outside of the motel, but in the meantime there's still lots to do inside, which matters most. Thanks and come again!