“Not the best Holiday Inn Express”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Collingwood
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Location is good. Need new tv's though, I didn't know old tube style still existed.
We booked a queen room with fireplace, was very disappointed that it was an electric one. I expected gas. Beds are comfortable. Our heater (which is located very high out of reach) was pumping out heat most of night and we couldn't find a remote or switch to turn it off which made for a restless night.
Breakfast was good, wasn't busy at all, it was a weekday at 9:00 and we were only ones there.
Staff is friendly, place is clean, good parking and good location. I didn't love this particular hotel, the one in Kingston is much better.
I think we will try the Weston next time.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Mookie1208

Reviewed 21 November 2011

This is my second visit and review of this place. My first visit was exceptional but I am pretty sure new management is in control because this visit was a disappointment. I was traveling with a sports team and upon check in one of our rooms was not made up at 5pm! When the office was notified they said it will be taken care of. Upon our return at 9 pm the room still was not made up. I had to go to the front desk again and ask about my room and then they finally allowed us to move rooms. I think that is something that should have been done right away.

The other rooms had no concerns and the pool and breakfast are still good but this hotel could improve its front desk service.
It might also be time to upgrade the TV's to flat screens

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank big_kat_ca
asquared2, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Hello,

After just receiving your comment on Trip Advisor I was extremely upset that our team had dropped the ball this weekend. This is not the service that we guarantee and certainly not the same experience you had last time you stayed with us according to your post. I take your feedback very seriously and will address this with my team ASAP. Again, please accept my humblest apologies and know that we set our standards very high and as a team we failed the expectations we created for you.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the mistake we have made and please send me an email at generalmanager@collingwood-hotels.com so we may rectify the problem we caused for you and attempt to leave you with a sweeter taste in your mouth with respect to your recent stay with us.

Regards,

Ali Akbarali
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Collingwood

Reviewed 8 November 2011

Stayed here for 3 niights. Toilet handle broken when we got the room, then completely broke, reported it, came and fixed it but wouldn't flush at all. Fixed it properly next time of asking. Good position close to shops and restaurants. Staff ok, had to complain about the noise above one night as it went on and on. Sent security guard and all was good. breakfast was good lots of choice and staff friendly.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SparkplugO
Reviewed 15 October 2011

My first visit will definitely have me return. The suite/efficiency room was spacious and inviting, especially for working until the early morning hours. The hot breakfast saved money going to a typical restaurant, thus making the cost effective. Staff was helpful and as a priority customer, their friendliness and positive attitude helped after a long work day.

If you are in the Collingwood Ontario area, don't miss out as my next visit will be a personal stay with my wife!

Room Tip: Effeciency suite is a great value!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2011

This hotel was very clean and spacious, good hot and cold breakfast, and excellent staff. The beds were very comfortable, showers worked well. Very close to the old downtown.

Room Tip: Don't like heights, only 2 floors. We stayed on the road side and had no problems.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
0.3 km away
6.8 km away
Relax Inn Collingwood
Relax Inn Collingwood
#9 of 11 in Collingwood

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!