“Indian buffet ”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Go-to place when I am in Kitchener. Convenient to hotel, and a fair price for a nice selection of foods.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Will never go to this place again. Went with a friend for dinner, noticed that there wasn't any steam coming from food in hot plate at the back wall, scooped up some butter chicken to my plate and tested the temp with my finger at best it was warm but certainly not much more than room temp. I ask the male that was there is they would be bringing out any fresh food and he rudely told me it was fresh. I told him the food wasn't hot and he responded rudely that "everyone else was eating it" there were maybe 6 people in the place. I sat with my friend and was very uncomfortable as I knew I had to refused to eat the food. He came over and I again told him it wasn't hot (temp) and he grabbed my plate and went to the kitchen. I was terrified he was going to microwave it but he actually came back out empty handed and told us we could leave. I asked how much to pay for our pops and he said no just leave. He walked away from us and stood behind the bar. I went up to pay for our drinks and he was so rude and upset with us and told us to leave. I did not cause a scene, I was polite even though he didn't deserve it and I would never recommend this place to anyone. We ended up going to Bombay Bhel across the road and it was like night and day. Beautiful place, great service and fantastic food.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Tripadvisor needs more ratings granularity. It's average but teeters on poor. It can go either way.

Really...think about it. It's an Indian Buffet at $11 for Lunch and $14. It's not expensive and it's for a fill up. For all those people looking for service, ambiance, top notch cleanliness, and gastronomic delight...this is not the place. Not to knock Kitchener (cause I really love this town), the best I think I saw was a Bombay Bhel across the street.

The place has blinking white Christmas lights, actually an LED rope, completely around the perimeter of the signage and it blinks all night! Come on people...! It's like the Honest Ed's of Curry in a Hurry!

Anyway, I was staying at the hotel connected to the same parking lot as this place and it was a simple walk over. I did ask the front desk if the place was any good. The guy says it was around $14 and he eats there all the time. Meh...Y'Not!?!

The buffet is small but adequate. The plates are in the dispenser but it is next to the naan and you can find small bits of char breading on the plates. The cutlery is next to it and they too get some food globs - oh well...it was expected. I did not go anywhere near their cold food offering. Can't have digestive issues when biz travelling. Makes the trip a lot looooooonger! URP!

The food is acceptable for what it is. They had the ubiquitous Butter Chicken - not as rich as other places, which I don't mind. A half of stick of butter is better for me than the whole brick! Also, they had curry beef, curry goat, some paneer, tandoori chicken, and other standard fare.

I did like their goat and naan. The others...meh.

The owner was dressed in a golf shirt and a pair of polyester slacks. He spent most of this time on the phone speaking through his large Bluetooth headset. There is no service to be had. Once in a while he would clean a table and take the cash. I wasn't expecting anything more from him. Occasionally, an elderly gent in a turban and beard mask would walk out with a vat of something. Besides them, I saw no one else. Well it is self serve so staff would be a minimum.

I had my fill, went for a little walk. Next day, I was pain free - Whew!

Would I go back? Sure...but not on the top of my list of places though.

Cheers.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Pros:
- Good customer service.
- Food is not as spicy as most of Indian restaurants.
- Friendly environment in general.

Cons:
- Not enough variety of food, especially the dessert. the prices went up thought!

Reviewed 18 August 2017

I received an advertisement in the mail from Valpac. The little pamphlet inside for Modern India Restaurant had the lunch buffet for $8.99. I took my two sons and myself here today for lunch and when I presented the paper to the guy he refused to honour it. He said it was not a coupon and that he didn't know where I got it from. I explained it came in the mail and that he should give us the lunch for the price advertised he told me no and that the price for the buffet is $10.99. I refused to be treated unfairly especially since I drove out of my way the the lunch deal. We left and I will never go back again and plan to tell everyone I know of my experience with this SCAM!!!!!