USD 95
Midland Inn & Suites(Midland)(Great Value!)
USD 95
Comfort Inn Midland(Midland)(Great Value!)
Kings Inn(Midland)(Great Value!)
USD 56
USD 53
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 61/night.

USD 73
USD 59
USD 56
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 66/night.

USD 112
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskwafflesbunk bedshot tubexercise roomfirst floorfree breakfastmain floorhard boiled eggswould stay here againmini fridgecoffee makersuper8xboxpetmotelgrocery
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Matthew P, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Reviewed 23 February 2017

It is ironic that this trainwreck of a motel experience should bring a smile to my face.

I am a fan of the much-loved late Canadian writer Stuart McLean. He had such a talent for seeing the humour in the challenges and absurdities of life. I tried to look at the motel experience in the same light as I imagined McLean's characters might. That's what brought the smile to my face.

I am also an aspiring writer in the humour genre. This hotel stay has provided me with wonderful farcical fodder for another chapter of my book. No embellishment or exaggeration will be needed as the series of unfortunate events at the Super8 this past weekend were already so over-the-top as to be almost unbelievable.

The social hub of the hotel appeared to be the complaints line at the desk where I met and chatted with new people while awaiting my turn.

Although Mountainview Ski Hill is a mere kilometre away, it is rivaled by towering piles of snow, taking up a significant portion of the parking lot. However, the hotel did arrange alternate parking along the fire route. Normally, I would see that as a big red flag, but it was of less consequence this weekend as the lot was so overcrowded that a firetruck would not have been getting anywhere near the motel, and so would have no use for the reserved spots in front of the Super8. I could barely maneuver my Mazda3 through the lot, but guests who drive Smart cars should have no problem.

Note that prospective guests should consider bringing a vacuum and cleaning supplies because housekeeping appears to be of the self-serve variety.

I will save my additional observations for my book.

I will not be visiting here again unless my first book is such a resounding success that I require fresh inspiration for a second book.

Stayed: February 2017
3  Thank Erica M
Matthew P, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Hi Erica, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. First of all I would like to say I was a huge fan of Stuart McLean and mourn his passing like many of my fellow Canadians - because of this, I appreciate the humour you found in some of your observations - but am very sorry that you had a poor experience. It is important to note that you were traveling and staying with us during Family Day weekend, where hotels and attractions everywhere were packed to the brim. Our area, like many north of the city, has experienced much snowfall this year, causing larger than normal snowbanks and slightly reduced parking areas because of that fact. We are working diligently to regain parking spaces. As for the condition of your room, if you feel that housekeeping mistakenly missed your room, we would have been happy to rectify the situation had we had known. I am very sorry you experienced sub-par service during your stay with us on this very busy weekend. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again one day to show you what a stay at our property is really like. If we do not get that chance, I expect a complimentary copy of your book. I'm a fan already =P

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Matthew P, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Reviewed 18 February 2017

The only reason this motel does not rate a 5* is that it does not have all the amenities. That being said we have to compliment the friendly staff. We were given a nice clean room that was huge. We had access to a small indoor pool and hot tub which we utilized. A simple breakfast was also included. The bed was comfortable although the pillows were a little thick. All in all great value and will return when we need a room in the area.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Matthew P, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and our amenities while staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future!