“Poor service, good food”
Review of Mister Moon's

Mister Moon's
Ranked #212 of 481 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Reviewed 12 November 2016

Ordered take out from here last night. Ordered from here before a long time ago and decided to try again. We live 5 minutes away, and it took 45-50 minutes for them to deliver it. Delivery was free of charge for orders over $25, which was nice. We were told over the phone that our total was $52 and change, so we prepared cash to pay with a tip. When the food arrived, the delivery man said it was actually $62 and change. I got more money, and gave it to the delivery man. He looked at the change I gave him and said "Don't you want to tip?" I was a little shocked, but decided maybe I made a mistake counting, so I went and got about $2 more and handed it to him. He looked at the change, then at me, scoffed and walked away without saying thank you. I said "thank you!" to him, but he still did not turn around and kept walking.

I have to say that I have never been asked for a tip by any service person, nor have I ever been treated like crap because of the tip I chose to give. A tip is an optional thing as far as I am concerned, and it is earned when the service is good. I do not consider a smile and a friendly/polite attitude a really unreasonable thing to ask for when you work in the service industry. We did not have to provide a tip, as we did not order so much food that the man had to keep going back to the car, or strain to carry it. I am appalled at how rude this person was, and I will not be ordering from here again.

It's too bad, because the food was really delicious.

1  Thank simplylovely5

Reviewed 15 February 2016

We had not been here for over a year, and my memories of it were always so positive. We did take out, and I was disappointed in the overall quality of the meal. The new containers, for the dinner for 1, causes all the food to run together, and the rice was a runny mess. Flavour wise, things were not as I remembered. Perhaps dining in might offer the same quality I got used to, but we won't do take out again.

1  Thank ycnanb
Reviewed 10 January 2016

As a person always looking for something new I found this small, out of the way place by fluke. Drove quite a few miles to experience the food. Did not disappoint. Portions are huge and flavour unreal. After so many years of Chinese food this has to be in the top 5. The location is clean and quaint, also was on a "first date" and she loved it. Yay for my find! I will go again. Well done.

1  Thank RescueDiver67
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Like a lot of us, snowed in and lack of groceries made take out an option. This was our first time having Mister Moons Chinese food, and although we have no complaints, they could step it up a notch. The flavour was nice, but the chili chicken wasn't as flavourful as anticipated. I really wish the food had been packaged in containers that didn't allow all the foods to meld together. The sauces from the Soo Guy ran into the rice and vegetables making everything rather soggy. I would go back, but it wouldn't be my first choice for Chinese in Richmond HIll.

2  Thank Wendy L
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Tried to place a takeout order but the cashier was so busy with phone orders that it took 10 minutes for her to take our order. Once taken she said it would be 20 minutes. Food was ready in about 50 minutes. We were starving. Recommended for very patient people only!