“below average”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2018

I had my food delivered so I cannot comment on the service. I ordered a Caesar salad and an order of fried calamari.

The salad already had dressing on it (every time I've ordered a Caesar salad from any restaurant it always had the dressing on the side), so parts of it were soggy and a few pieces of the romaine lettuce were wilted and brown. Clearly it was not fresh. It also tasted bitter, at first I thought I had one or two bitter pieces of lettuce but the whole salad was bitter which leads me to believe it was the dressing. Most of it went in the garbage because A) it didn't taste good, and B) it would have just wilted even more since the dressing was all over it.

Next is the fried calamari appetizer, decent sized portion, taste was average, nothing special,

There are so many other better restaurants in the area, so I won't be ordering from here again.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

The food is always delicious at Piatto Vecchio. There is plenty of free parking which makes for a nice start to your evening. The food is delicious and service is outstanding, the daily specials are always nice and the wine selection is terrific. You won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Went here for dinner on New Year's Eve, fully anticipating that service might be a bit slow. However, restaurants should also anticipate crowds on New Year's Eve and plan staffing accordingly. We arrived fairly early and were seated immediately; not a lot of customers yet, but the place filled up quickly (including both couples and families with kids, which is nice to see in a neighbourhood restaurant). Our orders were taken and drinks, appetizers and main courses arrived efficiently. And they were all absolutely delicious; my salmon with a mushroom sauce special was flaky and perfectly seasoned and the other entrees were pronounced equally good. So far, great place. Then came the dessert menus, so we ordered coffees and desserts. Coffee came right away with both cream and milk, no sugar. Than we waited - and waited. The waiters kept walking past without the slightest indication they knew we were there. About 45 minutes later we finally got a waiter's attention and told him just to bring the bill. No apology was offered. But I really wanted that chocolate cake.... This is a place I would go back to based on the quality of the food, but the service I'm not so sure about.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Several menu items were not available? How does a small Restaurant run out of menu items at 5:30pm? Had to send my steak back because it was cold and the general feel was that it wasn't a good day to be there. At $250 for 4 it was not an enjoyable experience. Be a while before we go back.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

I have been to this restaurant twice and was extremely impress with the food. It is (in my opinion) the best made dishes in Richmond Hill. The only problem is, getting a reservation. They are usually pretty booked up and it is a smaller restaurant. I enjoyed the chicken and the fish. The veggies were made to perfection. My son loves the Spaghetti Bolognese. The waiters were very courteous and food was served promptly. Prices are on the high end but what do you expect for such wonderful dishes, beautiful plating, and lovely atmosphere.