“Good British Pub in the North End”
Review of King Henry's Arms

King Henry's Arms
Ranked #82 of 504 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Went for my birthday, and had the best Steak and Kidney Pie in town. Pints were good. Food portions large, service excellent. Only thing to make it a little more like home would be to dim the lights (slightly)!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

The wraps and salads are very good at this Restaurant as well as the daily specials and the Fish & Chips! Regular customers have been coming here for years because the food is good and the beer is cold not to mention the friendly service. They also have an outdoor patio where you can enjoy your drinks and have a bite.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Don't know why I never thought to do Somersby over ice, I've always drank out of the can, but this was served deliciously - not on the drinks list, had to ask and was told they had this and Strongbow for those that might also want some cider.

This is a dated hole in the wall British pub/restaurant that I decided to stop by for lunch, I really make some spontaneous choices... The vibe can feel a bit rough and quiet as the population was a very old all-white male crowd - nothing wrong with that, but definitely felt a bit out of place (especially when I started taking pictures of my food hahaha). Luckily our server was friendly and took care of us as the only people looking to sit at a booth and dine; There's many stools at the bar or a standing patio outside as well if you prefer. Ambience felt personally awkward but surprisingly I still had a great time here, food (in my next post) was better than I expected. Can't judge a place by its cover, always down to try a place at least once!

How many more national food days can I celebrate... LMAO! This is what happens when my friend tells me it's fish & chips day because Gordon Ramsay said it was in the UK, and she wanted to find a place in town to celebrate the same! Luckily the traditional English beer-battered fish here was delicious and the portion was sizeable, had trouble finishing between two people!

The Baked Mac & Cheese is made with Asiago, Aged Cheddar and Monterey Jack, while I asked to add jalapeños as an extra for a kick (you can choose diced tomatoes, hot peppers, green peppers or olives instead too)! The top was a golden crispy crust while the inside was gooey three cheese macaroni - made for the ultimate comfort food. Woot~

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Very cozy decor. Super friendly staff. Great selection of menu items. We had the Sheppard pie that was delicious. And the steak salad that was tasty. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We went to watch a WCH game and try the wings. They were good but not over the top that I would go just for them. The beer special (Innis&Gunn) was a welcome addition to our wings. The only issue was no sound for the game, we were told there was a meeting going on and the volume was not turned on until after dinner hour...10pm! For that reason alone we may not return as we want to hear the announcers during a game. The service was a bit slow as there was one server for the entire dining area. She was engaging and as prompt as she could be. May go again but not to watch a sporting event.