“Handy, but no star quality”
Review of my place

my place
Ranked #2 of 64 Restaurants in Smiths Falls
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: Eastern European, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Were recommended to try this place late in the day after a long journey. Plastic table coverings didn't impress, but food and service were very acceptable, but nothing special. Overall, given its top billing, it was a bit of a disappointment. The Gerbos Steakhouse was greatly superior.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Dropped in for lunch just before the noon day crowd hit. Within 15 minutes the place was packed with people being turned away. This is not a large restaurant and there was only one server for estimated 20 tables so the service was friendly but slow, My husband ordered the goulash and I ordered the schnitzel. The server failed to ask us what sides we wanted so we both ended up with boiled potatoes which was alright. The food was tasty and portions were generous but specials sell out quickly so if you want to dine here, go early before the rush. It was a bit of an effort to get the servers attention so my suggestion would be for this establishment to consider having an extra server on hand for peak times.

1  Thank simonadelftblue51
Reviewed 14 June 2017

We read good reviews on tripadvisor about this restaurant and we were not disappointed. We were treated to excellent speedy service, fresh, homemade eurpoean food and a server who not only guided our choices, but had made the fresh streudel herself, that morning.
There was a wide array of desserts to choose from...all freshly made. As we ate, the restaurnat filled up with folks who appeared to be regulars and were greeted as such.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

I want to buy their Caesar salad dressing in a bottle! It's the best I've ever tasted. This is usually the only meal I order here but I've tried the schnitzel as well (from a friend's) plate and it's really good.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

This restaurant had come highly recommended. Whenever this happens, my first impulse is to be overly critical, ready to pounce on any failings. Not to worry, this place is as good as it's reviews, and has made it's place as my favorite schnitzel restaurant :)

The restaurant is not fancy, but the staff are friendly and the food amazing. I have always preached that the only thing required for schnitzel was freshly squeezed lemon, but they serve it with a cream sauce that is outstanding - who knew?

The servings are large, extremely reasonably priced, and oh so tasty. Unfortunately I was so full, that I couldn't partake of some amazing looking deserts that they have.

Bottom line ... would I go back? Absolutely!! This is an outstanding value place. I fully intend on returning and trying some of their other items :) Highly recommended.