All reviews peter owner beds ottawa chain
Reviewed 25 September 2017

The hotel has no services (coffe machine, breakfast, etc).
Very poor service.
The person in charge, very unfriendly.
I went to tell him that the WIFI was connected, but stopped connecting to Internet, he immediately told me that the problem was on my laptop.
My answer was, it wasn't, and that I already checked with another laptop (I work with computers, and have 3 on this trip).
Finally, found that the WIFI I was connected, had a problem, but he was connected to another router. He never mentioned that.
And when I told him that that was not the way to treat a customer, he said I was wrong.

Not a very friendly person, not also the way to treat customers.

Room Tip: Look for something else
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I called the hotel and they quoted me a price $30 more than what was online. They would not match the offer. The owner had friends staying over and they made excessive noise late at night. He yelled at me when I politely asked him if he could ask them to lower the noise. Their friends were loud and had kids running all over the place in front of our room and screaming. He said he couldn't do anything since it wasn't 11pm. I told him he could at least ask them politely. He screamed at me. I even told him to stop yelling since I was talking quite low. He made fun of me and threatened to call the police on me. I'd rather pay extra and stay somewhere else if it means that I'm treated with more respect. Don't stay here. Run from this place as fast as you can.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JennWilliams69
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Needed to get a room late and night and was feeling resentful at the thought of spending over a hundred dollars for 7 hrs sleep. Checked tripadvisor first and decided to try Best Inn. Really glad I did! For under a hundred bucks I got a nice clean room and the owner, Peter, was a very good host. I spoke with him for almost half an hour and was glad to support a local family owned business. I would go back again anytime.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

Hubby decided to leave a night earlier for our weekend away with our youngest.

Looked on booking.com for a cheap option and found this....we've never stayed in a motel!

Hubby was totally disappointed....he was thinking we were going to stay at a seedy place (he's watched way too many movies)

The rooms look freshly painted, beds are comfortable (our lad kept saying how comfy his bed was).

Will definately rebook.

Owner very nice and helpful as we arrived late at night in bad weather!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2017

my wife and i stayed here the night of Feb 24 2017. The next day my visa bill was charged 169.50 for a 'Clean up' of the room fo alledgely smoking in the room. We did not smoke in the room. The owner billed my visa card for the cleanup. Visa says that nothing can be done, he has the right to do this. This is fraud. I would not recommend this motel to anyone

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple