“Best Shawarma in Town”
Review of iShawarma

iShawarma
Ranked #141 of 404 Restaurants in Waterloo
Reviewed 11 December 2017

My wife and I often stop here to pick up dinner for Friday night. The shawarma is excellent, but what puts it over the top is the freshly baked, wood fired bread that they do on the premises. This crispy, yet moist bread is excellent and makes the sandwich. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

I moved from Ottawa to Waterloo as a student. There are lots of shawarma places In Ottawa. I've tried most of them but this is the best shawarma I've ever had. The fresh bread sandwich is amazing. Highly recommended

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Kitchener-Waterloo has a ton of shawarma options - this is the best one we've tried. Be prepared to take out - it's very tiny and not a lot of eat in space. The pitas baked in the brick oven on site are what makes it. I find you have to prompt the staff to add toppings and garlic sauce and hot sauce etc or they'll just wrap your sandwich up as is. Skip the rest of shawarma joints and just head to this one.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

My meal was picked up for me, so I can't comment on service, the restaurant, or it's menu. That being said, the chicken shawarma I had was so good. I had just traveled 6hrs on the bus to Waterloo, and was famished. The sandwich was so filling!! I do want to see what else they offer next time.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

The food I get here is average compared to other shawarma restaurants I have tried. Except for the fries which are excellent.

Here I always order the chicken shawarma plate with fries. The chicken is usually overcooked and dry. Instead of just slicing the chicken off the spit when the chicken is required, it's always already sitting on the grill overcooked. I don't understand why they do this.

I order the tabbouleh (or tabouleh?) salad and the red cabbage salad. But neither ever look or taste fresh.