“Satisfied repeat customer”

Ranked #79 of 410 Restaurants in Waterloo
Price range: USD 15 - USD 20
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 5 September 2017

I'm a repeat customer at Koh-i-Noor and I'm never disappointed! I love it so much that I try to bring friends or family who have never been here before, and then love learning that they have also become returning customers!

The location is almost easy to miss, at a little plaza on the corner of Albert and Philip streets, but inside it's very cozy and colourful and clean. The service is not always efficient but it's definitely friendly. The prices are pretty competitive!

This last time, my fiance and I brought friends who had never eaten there, on Labour Day (they were only only for dinner). It wasn't too busy, but service was still slow. Regardless, the food is worth the wait! Our friend was born in Bengladesh and he was impressed with his meal. He and his wife ordered birayani, aloo ghabi, and butter chicken with naan. My fiance and I both ordered the same thing: mango lassi, mulligatawny soup, and butter chicken with naan.

We all left very satisfied with intentions to return again soon.

1  Thank Jennifer A

Reviewed 16 August 2017

The lunch special is delicious and affordable. Plenty of good food for less than $10 and a quiet, clean and charming atmosphere to boot. Top notch service with plenty of attention. I was in and out in half-hour and I was not rushing. Will definitely go again!

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

We've been in many Indian restaurants and by far, this was the worst. Slow service, and poor quality. The place is clean that's the only reason I didn't rank "terrible"

Reviewed 5 May 2017

This place is a hidden gem! It's in a plaza and easy to miss, but once you try their food, you will go back! I go at least once a month! It's one of my favourite Indian food restaurants! It's small, but tidy and clean. You are always greeted with kind, friendly service.

This last time, I went for lunch with my friend who can only eat halal food. The restaurant is very halal-friendly and so the whole menu was open to her. The lunch specials are great and they come with complimentary mulligatawny soup. She ordered the chicken tikka and asked for naan instead of rice. She really enjoyed her meal. I always the butter chicken with naan because it's probably my favourite place for butter chicken. it's rich and tastes sweet.

I will definitely be going back, and now so will my friend :)

Reviewed 19 March 2017

The food here is consistently excellent. From the moment you are greeted at the door, you feel as though you belong! Polite and friendly wait staff serve you with grace.
Superb food in a relaxed atmosphere. Authentic tandoori chicken.