“Excellent dinner”

Ranked #31 of 423 Restaurants in Waterloo
Price range: USD 8 - USD 19
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family restaurant located in Waterloo Ontario. Countlessly acknowledged in the KW Record and Waterloo Chronicle as The Best Greek Cuisine and The Best European/Mediterranean Cuisine in Kitchener-Waterloo. Everything in our kitchen is made from scratch daily. We offer a variety of dishes that can please everyones taste buds. LLBO licensed.
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Was there with a group of 8 and had a fantastic experience. Server, Sami saw that we were not in a hurry and she did not rush us at any time and provided excellent service with a great sense of humour. Appetizers were great- bruschetta, saganaki and calamari. Calamari was fresh, lightly breaded and cooked perfectly. My wife had the stuffed sole and I had the Salmon Athena and both were excellent. My salmon was cooked perfectly. Horiatiki salad also very good. Others had souvlaki, tenderloin and chicken and all enjoyed their meals. A fantastic evening. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

one of the best restaurants in the city by far. Food excellent and especially for Greek Food.
Server was amazing-always happy and always smiling with an amazing memory believe her name was Adriana?! remembered everything and made the experience enjoyable
5 starts to all

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Really love the food here and it's a regular take-away spot for us. Their lemon potatoes are addictive and their greek salad dressing is rich and delicious.

I don't love all the styrafoam for the take out containers, as none of it is recyclable or compostable, but I plan to ask them if we can use our own containers in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2018

Today my husband and I wanted to go to dinner to celebrate our 5th Wedding Anniversary. We have plans for tomorrow so just wanted something simple and close to home! We always go to the Keg and Wildcraft but just felt like something different. Mediterraneo is very close to where we live so we thought we would give it a shot. I had been many years ago so I was unsure as to what the experience would be because in the past it was only okay. When we walked in we were greeted kindly and seated to a booth. The decor is homey and welcoming. The wait staff was kind and quick to take our order. She was back quickly with our cocktails. And then the apps... OH MY.... So good.. I had the avgolemono and it was great! I have tried and make it at home with an old Cypriot recipe I have but it NEVER tastes this good. My husband and I split an order of Saganki and Tatzki and again awesome. Then for our mains my husband had the Mousaka and I had the Gyros.... WOW... EVERYTHING was hot, delicious and fresh... AND the best part we had 2 drinks each and all of the above and the bill was only $75.00! We can't wait to go back and SOON! Thank you for a great meal! Efcharistó

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Our family members were passing through town from Kingston and I was very careful to select a restaurant that everyone would enjoy, one that I thought would ensure our visit was pleasurable and memorable. I couldn’t have been more disappointed in choosing Mediterraneo because of the inhospitable reception and service. It was 6:30 on a weeknight and not terribly busy, so why the waitress was so abrupt, grumpy and hasty with us, I cannot fathom. I want to remind this person that she is in the hospitality business and if that’s not a fitting occupation, then please get out.
Upon entry we waited to be seated while staff walked by ignoring us. Finally our waitress asked us how many and then ambiguously waived her hand in the air and said, “You can just go sit anywhere over there.” No greeting, no smile, no I’ll be with you in a moment, just go find yourselves a spot. I told our guests that this was an excellent place to choose lamb if they were inclined, and when the first person ordered lamb our waitress curtly shot back, “NO lamb, we’re out!” She also got the wine order wrong and gave no apology for that either. I could point other blunders in etiquette too besides the complete absence of a thank you, or a goodbye, or a have a good night. I am so put out by our rude experience that I will never return. And I would also like to add that the food was bland, and subpar what it used to be. There is no excuse for mediocre taste in the summer folks; you can grow fresh herbs on your patio for pete sake! The portions were also smaller than ever before. This was a totally un-Greek encounter.

1  Thank becsKitch