“Something is missing.....”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Hubby booked this for a staff Christmas party recently. As soon as we entered the door something told me -uh oh ...this is a tired restaurant and needed some attention. No sooner were we seated when I noticed not one but two light bulbs burned out in the wall sconces where we were seated making the area dark and not at all welcoming. A bit ticked, I went to the hostess desk and gently but firmly voiced my disappointment and disapproval. Went to use the womens washroom (which was terribly dismal for a ladies room in a not cheap italien restaurant). Out of date, ugly, uncared for. Well, went back to our seating area and the girls were changing those bulbs. My question is, how long had they been out and why does a paying customer coming in expecting class treating their staff have to say anything??? Also, the tables had no placemats, no salt & peppers, cheap napkins and not even the buns in the baskets were properly place with an open napkin. The bread was touching the outside metal parts of the basket which is unsanitary. With all the competition out there they need a fresh set of eyes to see what customers see. You only get ONE CHANCE to make a good first impression. The food was good but women want an experience and it was sorely lacking. Oh... and please paint those two barrels outside.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit, Ennios was recommended by a coworker. We loved it!! Atmosphere was lovely and our server Sonny was fantastic! Always made sure our water glasses we're full and we hsd everything we needed. Lasagna and shrimp pasta was to die for! And we eve got a pizza to take home. Will be back again soon!

Reviewed 29 October 2017

We visited for dinner early on a Sunday evening. This was our first visit and we weren't sure what to expect, but the hostess was very nice and was able to fit us in without a reservation. At first, I wondered if reservations were really necessary because it wasn't busy when we arrived. But the restaurant filled quickly and became quite busy.
We came in search of good pasta and were not disappointed. We all enjoyed the ravioli, cannelloni, lasagna, and linguine that we ordered. The portions were generous and side salads were available at a reasonable price. I would definitely visit again, but next time I'll make sure to make a reservation.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Was in Waterloo on business and this place was conveniently located and I like Italian food so I checked it out. Overall I'd say it was very good and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a good Italian experience.

I was seated and served very promptly, and my server was very friendly and helpful. I was having trouble with the menu because there were a lot of choices that looked great (good problem to have). They had a TON of pastas, a good selection of Pizzas, and some good looking Entrees as well. She helped me narrow down to a Seafood Gnocchi with Lemon Cream Reduction. I was worried that the lemon might be overpowering and she offered to have the kitchen scale it back a bit, and sure enough it was delicious.

Drink menu - I don't drink wine so I can't comment on that. Beer selection was okay, they did have a couple of Italian beers (Peroni and another Beer I've not heard of, but tried it and it was good!).

I also had dessert, a White Chocolate Cheesecake which came in a rasperry sauce and it was really fantastic.

I can't really complain about anything with this experience. If I was hard-pressed to find areas of improvement, I could say that when the bread came out before the meal, they only gave butter and not olive oil and vinegar, which is usually a staple of Italian restaurants. I didn't think to ask for it, but another customer who came in after me did think to ask for it and they obliged. Not a big deal at all, just thought it was a bit out of place for an establishment that, for me, otherwise passed the authentic Italian test.

Traditional restaurant setting, was not loud, no TV's. I will say that the portions were not huge - but that's not a complaint. I'm probably used to oversized portions at other places so these portions were probably appropriate. I might have liked a bigger slice of cheesecake given that it was 8 bucks - having said that, in no way did I leave this place hungry.

Basically, if you're in Waterloo and want Italian, this is a great place to go, prices are reasonable, especially for the quality you get.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Family dinner, sad service the waiter was very unpleasant she seemed unhappy.

We all had past serving and was ok
We enjoyed the calamity fritti was good.

May not return