“A Wonderful Selection of Pasta with Friendly Service”

Ennio's Pasta House
Ranked #15 of 392 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2017

We visited for dinner early on a Sunday evening. This was our first visit and we weren't sure what to expect, but the hostess was very nice and was able to fit us in without a reservation. At first, I wondered if reservations were really necessary because it wasn't busy when we arrived. But the restaurant filled quickly and became quite busy.
We came in search of good pasta and were not disappointed. We all enjoyed the ravioli, cannelloni, lasagna, and linguine that we ordered. The portions were generous and side salads were available at a reasonable price. I would definitely visit again, but next time I'll make sure to make a reservation.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Was in Waterloo on business and this place was conveniently located and I like Italian food so I checked it out. Overall I'd say it was very good and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a good Italian experience.

I was seated and served very promptly, and my server was very friendly and helpful. I was having trouble with the menu because there were a lot of choices that looked great (good problem to have). They had a TON of pastas, a good selection of Pizzas, and some good looking Entrees as well. She helped me narrow down to a Seafood Gnocchi with Lemon Cream Reduction. I was worried that the lemon might be overpowering and she offered to have the kitchen scale it back a bit, and sure enough it was delicious.

Drink menu - I don't drink wine so I can't comment on that. Beer selection was okay, they did have a couple of Italian beers (Peroni and another Beer I've not heard of, but tried it and it was good!).

I also had dessert, a White Chocolate Cheesecake which came in a rasperry sauce and it was really fantastic.

I can't really complain about anything with this experience. If I was hard-pressed to find areas of improvement, I could say that when the bread came out before the meal, they only gave butter and not olive oil and vinegar, which is usually a staple of Italian restaurants. I didn't think to ask for it, but another customer who came in after me did think to ask for it and they obliged. Not a big deal at all, just thought it was a bit out of place for an establishment that, for me, otherwise passed the authentic Italian test.

Traditional restaurant setting, was not loud, no TV's. I will say that the portions were not huge - but that's not a complaint. I'm probably used to oversized portions at other places so these portions were probably appropriate. I might have liked a bigger slice of cheesecake given that it was 8 bucks - having said that, in no way did I leave this place hungry.

Basically, if you're in Waterloo and want Italian, this is a great place to go, prices are reasonable, especially for the quality you get.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Family dinner, sad service the waiter was very unpleasant she seemed unhappy.

We all had past serving and was ok
We enjoyed the calamity fritti was good.

May not return

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Dropping off a student for fall session at U. of Waterloo and decided to have dinner at Ennios on the recommendation of out hotel. The atmosphere was great and the food was authentic.

I had the meat ravioli and it was excellent. The waiter told me ahead of time that it was one of their smaller portions so I added a Caesar salad but I didn't really have to.

I'll be back.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Everything was great. The lasagna was delicious, the garlic bread was light and covered in flavor. The service was great as well!

Would highly recommend!