“Love the butter chicken”
Review of Aunty's Kitchen

Aunty's Kitchen
Ranked #102 of 392 Restaurants in Waterloo
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

I go here for a hugeeee meal that is not that expensive and quite delicious. I love the butter chicken and tandoori chicken there, and of course the mango lassi!

Reviewed 30 May 2015

Love the Butter Chicken, so flavorful! Comes with Salad and Rice, and naan. The portions are huge!

Also tried the Karachi Kabab and it was very good. It's on the spicier side, but tastes great.

Highly recommend Aunty's!

Zubair S, Owner at Aunty's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2015

It's really great to hear you're a fan of our butter chicken and large portions, Paul! Thanks so much for the compliments on the Karachi Kabab, too. Hope to see you again soon! -Zubair, Owner

Reviewed 14 March 2015 via mobile

I have been to there several times. First, i had dinner. The portion of the meal was very big that I could take one order and have it for lunch and dinner. I am not used to eat very spicy food, but the level of spiciness was moderate. They have 25 % off saturdays at lunch time. It's very clean although it's really crowded.

Zubair S, Owner at Aunty's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2015

I love that you made two meals out of your dinner with us -- I hope the dish was just as great the second time around. Thanks for the feedback on our spice levels, too. Hope to see you again soon! -Zubair, Owner

Reviewed 5 October 2014

I love this place for its biryani! Best in town in my opinion! Great friendly service and great authentic food, a hidden gem!

Best biryani in town? Thanks so much! -Zubair, Owner

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We used to eat at Aunty's when they were located on King St., - then they disappeared, and we had no idea what happened (we live out of town, so we couldn't go very often). We were so happy to find them on Yelp located on University where they moved to! We ate supper there tonight and were greeted like long lost friends by the young owner/manager, who we were very happy to see is doing so well. Well, the food is marvelous as always. I tried the Nihari for the first time, which is a Friday only special as it needs to cook for 5-6 hours. DELICIOUS! My new favourite. My partner had the Chicken Korma - also fantastic and my goodness there was enough food on the plate to feed three people! Wow - We got a small side of Butter chicken (small?? - yikes) for $3.00 extra just to try again. Delicious. The Naan are huge and fresh made and tender and probably the best we've had anywhere, and buttered. Yum! Don't be wondering about the "small" chicken biryani for only $5.00!! Small? Enough for two and includes a nice big chicken thigh. They also have a juicer for fresh cold orange juice. They have a daily special which is different each day. The service is excellent and speedy - The decor is modern, clean, a little trendy as you would expect in a place so popular with the students. I just can't say enough good things about it. The owner always has a smile for everyone, the food is wonderful, I just have to give it 5 stars!! This is a must try for really good Pakistani/Indian food at a remarkably inexpensive price. Did I mention we had to get take out containers? They serve really large portions of food!

1  Thank Frances R