“Surprisingly satisfactory ”

Got a photo?
Add it.
bloom.
Reserve with OpenTable
bloom. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #170 of 404 Restaurants in Waterloo
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: International
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Weber
Transit: King St. And Weber.
Description: Student run restaurant at Conestoga College.
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

I've read a few reviews before I went with a friend to their Fall Harvest lunch. I must say that we were pleasantly surprised by the standard of food they served.
We like to go for quality rather than quantity and the lunch portion was just perfect for the price we'd paid.
I personally like my food without a lot of salt, to many it may be bland but then you get to have the real taste of the food. The whole grain bread was dense and low in salt and chef's special appetizer, duck confit was well done and nicely presented. The ground roasted hemp was a great addition to the presentation. The melon crush pallet cleanser was refreshing and hit just the right spot and my citrus-glazed halibut was silky and cooked to perfection!
The waiters are still learning their trade, or tricks, they are eager to serve and eager to please. I've gotten better service at Bloom than in a 4 star restaurant with supposedly well trained servers. I think we should support our local culinary students as much as we can, be kind as after all, Bloom is a student based culinary school!

Reviewed 10 March 2016

wow, the prices went up dramatically so not a deal anymore. this is supposed to be a learning culinery school run restaurant and prices are now higher than your upscale full service restaurant for lunch! won't be going back as our last meal was also very disappointing...too bad... hope management reads reviews .

Reviewed 27 February 2016

This restaurant is a hidden gem. My husband and I have been a few times and found the food to be very good. Service is great and always friendly. Check out this restaurant online for what the upcoming menus are and book and enjoy.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

There were 4 of us at the restaurant. I don't know if the staff were new but they weren't great. The food which is usually very good was okay. The lamb was under cooked and a very small serving. The salad was good and the dessert was okay. I was surprised that the price had gone up. I was disappointed because I had suggested the place to my friends. I don't think I will be going back.

2  Thank Jo K
Reviewed 14 January 2016

The Christmas buffet was so good so much food and everything was fantastic The serve was excellent and the room very nice.