“Dry bacon for breakfast”

Blue Star Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 8 Quick Bites in Welland
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Dropped my spouse off at Welland hospital for a minor medical procedure and decided to grab some breakfast while I waited. Restaurant has a small free parking lot which is a nice touch. Took a seat and was greeted immediately who poured me a cup of very nice coffee. I ordered eggs and bacon with side of home fries. Restaurant was clean and neat. Not busy when I arrived but a lot of people came after me. Order came within reasonable period of time.
My eggs were cooked to order and were good as well as the home fries.
It was obvious that the cook had cooked up a lot of bacon earlier that morning ( was there around 9 a.m. ) and that they had sat as a lump on the grill with cook heating them up with each new order. Unfortunately for me I got the bottom of the pile. My bacon strips were dry and lukewarm, not appetizing at all. Also the restaurant got very busy and I did not get a second cup of coffee until after I finished my meal. The waitress was just too busy.
Overall the price was fair for the value for the value. Don't know if I would return though,

Reviewed 9 March 2018

The food and service at the Blue Star are dependably good, great value. I always have the borscht and it doesn't disappoint. My husband speaks highly of the liver. The food is all freshly made and in generous servings. The decor could use a bit of an overhaul it's a great family place and has never disappointed us. I love the elephant too. I'm trying to figure out a way to take him home in my pocket! ;)

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Cabbage rolls and coleslaw are to die for. Great prices. Not to fond of the salt in the food but otherwise the food is great.... If you are in the welland area you have to give this place a try.....

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Stopped here while in Welland and glad we did. Over-the-top hospitality accompanied by tremendous home-style meals. Our server Marge, expressed an attitude that she was happy to be there and that made our visit one of the best.
The cabbage rolls are good, actually they were so fantastic we took 2 dozen cold ones home.
Would definitely make the stop again when in Welland.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

My family and I enjoyed a delicious breakfast with HUGE servings! The breakfast was piping hot and the server was friendly and fast! A great place to meet friends for a morning breakfast and lovely cup of coffee

Date of visit: February 2018