“Thank You Kirsten”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Just by luck we ended up having a late lunch at The Vault. But, it was very good luck as it turned out. Service was more than just good. Kirsten was friendly, courteous, everything you could wish for.

We ordered garlic toast to share. I'm not usually a fan of a lot of garlic and goat cheese but this combination at the Vault was something I would love to have again, and again. For some reason it made me think of coming indoors on a chilly, snowy day (this is Ontario, it could happen in May). Be sure to order the garlic toast for a sophisticated treat.

I order the featured burger. I don't remember the name now, something about grilled cheese. The burger was a lean, thick patty with another thick layer of melting cheese on a toasted bun. Also, a slice of pea-meal bacon.It was meant to be serviced with jalapeno ketchup but, I don't like spicy food so they left it off. No problem, which was good as many of the menu items had jalapeno or other spiciness. So, if you don't like the spicy stuff, just ask for the non-jalapeno version. I did not miss it on the burger. Kirsten brought regular ketchup but I forgot to add any. That yummy burger didn't need condiments. Soup of the day, potato and bacon, came with the burger.

I heard there were homemade desserts but I was full and didn't try any. Coffee was good. Made fresh for me, everyone else was having alcohol but I wasn't in the mood for it.

Outside the restaurant could use a touch up with paint. I know some people would be put off by that. Don't let small cosmetic touches keep you away from the delicious dinner you could be having, with great people, at the Vault. Thank you for dinner on Mother's Day!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

MOTHERS DAY IT WAS We came from Barrie to visit, but later decided to go for late lunch .Chose the Vault unexpectedly just a decision based on a parking spot But the meal was memorable and the young lady in particular who was our server,, Kristen is a jewel.
My daughter ordered the special of the day which was a feature burger and soup.She so enjoyed it an wished she had room for another burger I had veal cutlets with lots of mushrooms delirious mushrooms and vegetables cooked to perfection. Oh yes I had a Caesar drink and Laura a coffee both very good and we ordered garlic bread just because it sounded so delirious. we wanted more if there is anything to complain about it would be that the food is just to good and there is not THE VAULT in Barrie CONGRAUTLATIONS in order on the birth of your little one

2  Thank dianevibrown
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Best turkey burger ever ! Great food. Great atmosphere. Friendly staff We ll definitely come back ! Mac n cheese balls were a bonus. We ll have homemade choc cake.

1  Thank dutchmaverick71
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

The service was exceptional. We were offer samples of beer and when are food arrived we had on of the best sandwiches ever California Club and a bacon club. Fries were hot!

We will be back. I would give it 10 out of 10 on all
Counts.

1  Thank LindaHoogendam
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Simon was a pleasure as bartender and server to us last visit and today we had Brian who is equally good today. Great pleasant service along with the deli burger special and wings. We started with the pork cheeks and deviled eggs while enjoying craft beer and wine respectfully

2  Thank Dave O