All reviews full kitchen one bedroom suite hot tub great place to stay light dinner breakfast was excellent sized fridge front desk staff the breakfast area stove top bed was very comfortable nearby restaurants thank goodness pull out couch location is excellent fitness room excellent stay
Reviewed 11 October 2018

This hotel was a last minute swap on my way to attend a concert in Oshawa. Was able to check in immediately which is always nice. The room was a 2 bedroom suite located next to the room service supplies and in a heavily family populated area. Thank goodness for headphones that block out noise as the kids running unsupervised up and down for hours wasn't pleasant. To the point where the kids were trying to look into my room through the peep hole until the Dad caught them, not good.

The room itself was spacious and the bed and bathroom areas clean and comfy. The kitchen had powerpoints that were both operational and not. 2 TVs in the room, one in the main bedroom and the other the living room. The reception staff went out of their way to help and actually took my bags to my room.

Breakfast the next morning - crikey - their 'buffet' service was plain and simply like being at the self serve counters when on high/primary school camp. The food was below standards of other hotels and in some cases the food trays were empty and not refilled while I sat there. The amount of families eating in such a small space made it an interesting experience to say the least.

I found that it would serve it's purpose for a short stay but would never pick this for a long term stop.

Room tip: great for families, but a quick stop over for business or solo travellers
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2018

We have stayed twice at this hotel in the last two weeks,and we enjoyed our stays. We checked in using the Marriott app and all was ready for us upon arrival. Crystal and Bionnca were cheerful and efficient during check in. They informed us of a Tuesday evening snack that was going to be available, and it was delicious.
Our only real problem during our stay was the noise of air conditioning fan. It is in the bedroom, not two feet from the bed. We had to turn the fan off to get any sleep. The breakfast was great, the evening snack was great and the bed was comfortable.
Crystal works long hours in that she was there during check in and check out.

Room tip: Manually turn the fan off.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

This was the worst hotel I’ve stayed in. We have travelled all over for lacrosse, hockey and personal trips and this is the first negative review I have written. First of all the room was clean and comfortable but I had booked a room with two beds not the one bedroom suite I was given. The wifi was non existent, I did two speed tests while hooked up one said there was no wifi the other gave me an upload speed of 0 and download speed of .43. The pool, it was gross....the water temp was barely lower then the hot tub temp, it smelled funky and the hair, seriously hair all through it. We were swimming laps and taking the hair our hands were catching and putting it on the sides of the pool, not just the odd hair...we are talking clumps of hair.
When trying to talk to the front desk, our concerns were brushed off as not important, my husband and I were both told the wifi was bad because the hotel was full....but I talked to other parents and their wifi was fine. I had the pleasure of dealing with Crystal....she was very rude and unpleasant to deal with. I had two different strangers come up to me and asked me what I did to make her mad...because she shot daggers at me every time I walked past her. I complained about the pool conditions and two hours after, I went to look and all the hair clumps were still there....so I decided against using the pool facilities further.
Because we were travelling with our team, I couldn’t request a refund on my money and leave...but for the cost of the room for three nights, I expected better then I received. I stayed at two different two star hotels over the course of my vacation and both of them were more pleasant, clean and had working wifi and hair free pools for half the price. It’s unfortunate because it really left a sour experience, and I probably won’t stay at another Residence Inn again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
WhitbyRI, Operations Manager at Residence Inn Whitby, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Hello Marion
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. Having the opportunity to see our hotel through the eyes of our guests allows us to focus on the issues that matter most to them.

Our WIFI is currently in the process of being upgraded. We are going with a new fibre optic system which will be a major improvement to the current service. We anticipate this to be fully operational within the very near future.

Your comments regarding our pool have been addressed with the appropriate team members as well.

Thank you again for providing your thoughtful feedback on our hotel.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

We stayed here while in town for lacrosse. The location is ideal and the rooms were clean and spacious. The breakfast was good with a variety of items. I like having the full-size fridge and freezer in the room so that we could prepare some of our own food to keep costs down. It was great to make our own ice for the cooler! Rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
WhitbyRI, Operations Manager at Residence Inn Whitby, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hello MB2273
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.Guest satisfaction is a goal we all strive for each and every day.
Your compliments are appreciated and will be shared with all of our staff.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback.

Gina Cormier
Marriott Residence Inn Whitby

Reviewed 10 September 2018

this hotel is great for business or family. The rooms are "suites" so you have a kitchen (full size fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, stove-top (some rms have full ovens) with cutlery, crockery & glassware for 4 people. Full buffet style breakfast every day and light meal Mon-Wed. Indoor pool and hot-tub. On-site laundry(coin-op)- 7 days a week or weekday professional laundry/dry cleaning services.

Date of stay: July 2018

Hello Adele D
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We strive for guest satisfaction each and every day so hearing about your positive impression is very rewarding. We will share your comments with our team.

Thank you again!