“Da mangione veal is home-cooking at its best”

Da Mangione Pizza Pasta
Ranked #6 of 100 Restaurants in Dorval
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Fast food
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We have tried a number of pasta dishes and pizzas at Da Mangione and all are excellent. The meals which have ended up being our go-to dishes are the seafood pizza (great taste, thin bread, not overwhelmingly filling, just right) and the Da Mangione Veal special which gives you a choice of pasta on the side: great mushroom sauce with tender delicious veal. We eat it at least once a month. Aaaand friendly smiling service!!

Date of visit: January 2016

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Excellent food and service. Friendly people, very helpful, always had water and everything is home made.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 24 August 2016

We recently went to Da Mangione's for an impromptu dinner and had a decent meal. The chairs are not the most comfortable and the place is somewhat dated, but overall, the experience that evening was okay. Disappointed that the "grated parmesan cheese" was in a glass shaker on the table...not the best feeling when you go to an Italian restaurant where you expect to have freshly grated cheese and the cheese is like Kraft on the table. Then again, we understand that it is a small resto and perhaps freshly grated cheese is just not feasible.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

a couple of weeks ago, was looking for a place to have a "healthier" style lunch... I view the menu online & decided to give it a shot. This Dorval resto has everything form simple Pizza & subs to more refined authentic meals. As mentioned I was looking for something healthier. I wanted take out, but the take out seemed to have only pizza, pasta, subs & a few salads. So I asked about the fish I saw online & I was told not a problem to order fish to go. I wanted the grilled red snapper & grilled vegetables & for the wife grilled shrimps & also grilled vegetables. Both orders were very generous with portions. The shrimps were a nice size as well. Excellent variety of of vegetables to be noted.
Also had a garden salad. The chef prepared to my liking. Very little salt & pepper with fresh lemon. I was happy the chef catered to my special requests. I will return for another nice meal soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Paid for a $75 gift certificate for my Dad's birthday. A few months later, my Dad passes away and my Mum returns the gift certificate to me. Perfect, ordering takeout will remove some of the overhead while things are busy... I order a pizza and mention that I'll be paying with a gift certificate and they tell me that I will not be getting any change on my $75 gift certificate.

"No problem, just give me a smaller gift cert", I say. "No that's not the way it works", she says. "normally we don't even take gift certificates for take out. We're just making an exception". Ridiculous, expecting me to pay $75 for a pizza and I do not understand the distinction between a takeout order and eating in the restaurant. Terrible service from a place that my family has been going for years...

2  Thank glen p